Author Topic: FS9 crashes when starting  (Read 5372 times)

Thorsten_W

FS9 crashes when starting
« on: April 18, 2009, 04:12:07 pm »
Hey...

I just downloaded the demo and wanted to try the new KLAS scenery. Since I installed KLAS, my FlightSim doesnt work  >:(
I cant try it, because my FS crashes when I'm starting the programm. The screen gets black( normal) and after that short black screen, the menu should appear: Aircraft, Airport etc... but instead of this menu I'm back on my desktop.
I deinstalled KLAS and let FS9 create a new fs9.cfg --> nothing

Any suggestions ?

Thanks ahead...
Greetings from Germany!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS9 crashes when starting
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 04:16:24 pm »
Quit on start (not "crash", crash would give you an error message of some kind), might be due to the fact that you haven't got all the files updated, which shouldn't happen normally, since our installer will always fetch them automatically from the internet.

However, if you got somehow a corrupted file or the connection was interrupted during the download, you might have some files that were updated and some files that are not, and this would end up in FS9 quitting.

To fix this, uninstall KLAS, and reply "YES" to the question if you want to remove the Addon Manager. To be sure it has been properly removed, go into your MODULES folder and verify there are no bglman* files left in there (if there are, remove them)

Then, you can reinstall KLAS and it should work.

Thorsten_W

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 04:38:25 pm »
Yeah...quit  ;D

Anyway... I really worked ! Thanks !

Thats what I call "customer support"
Greetings from Germany!

boomsonic

• BOOM!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 01:47:09 am »
I had the same problem, thank god I found this post.

A quite silly move, I installed the sceneries whilst FS was on, restarted the program then it just quit on the splash-screen. I uninstalled both LSGG and KLAS, tried again to start FS, still no luck.

Anyways, I tried resinstalling them again, this time with FS turned off. After installing them both, I tried FS and it worked.

That's another method I guess. :)