Author Topic: Problems with installing Airports and GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 3200 times)

mamock

Problems with installing Airports and GSX **SOLVED**
« on: November 28, 2017, 06:18:45 pm »

I am having problems with installing my airports.  I seem to be able to install the first one then all others fail and lock during install as in attachments.

I have tried reinstalling over and over but this always happens.

Am using win10 64, p3d v4.1 with all latest updates and turn off virus scanner and FW.

Most fail at E:\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_SafeGate\model.FSDT_Agnis_Wall_left_off.

The one that installs correctly - Prepar3d Add-ons, Addon Manager and Control Panel.

P3d is installed to e: as is Addon Manager.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 06:58:27 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with installing Airports and GSX
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 11:21:39 pm »
Now that you finally posted the attachments, which weren't present in your original post but you referred to them, I can reply.

I can't see any errors in your screenshots. Does it mean you don't have any errors, or you have errors but you haven't posted a screen ? That file it's just a plain model file, not even an executable, so it doesn't seem it might be a bug of the antivirus.

All installers are of course correct and they install that file and nobody ever reported a "lock" at that stage of the installation. And, if you got a bad download, the installer wouldn't even start, since they all have integrity checks against corruption.

Maybe you are short on disk space in you Windows temporary folder ? Even if you install into a different drive, the installer must first decompress all files into the windows temporary folder so, if you don't have enough space, it won't work.

Try running the default Windows utility that helps you free unused space in the system drive.

mamock

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 08:33:34 pm »
The attachments were posted with my original post in the General Forum and were there each time I revisited so I don't know why you couldn't see them?

My screenshots show at what point in the installation the failure occurred.  I had to use Task Manager to exit each of these screens.  Most were at "Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_SafeGate\model.FSDT_Agnis_Wall_left_off"

Space is not an issue on any of my drives.

I have 10 Airports and GSX and I can install any of these on my system on it's own (after clearing down all FSDT).  But the second and subsequent installs all fail at the point  "Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_SafeGate\model.FSDT_Agnis_Wall_left_off".
So only the first will populate all requirements of the setup - Add/Remove programs, Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, Addon Manager, P3D v4.1 Library, SODE etc.
Any subsequent installs will fail at "Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_SafeGate\model.FSDT_Agnis_Wall_left_off".  These failed installs will create and populate Addon Manager(though whether fully or not I don't know).  But will not be shown in Add/Remove programs, Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, P3D v4.1 Library or do a SODE check.

I am not having any other issues installing other scenery products - Orbx, Flightbeam, Taxi2Gate, Flytampa, 29Palms, LVFR, AP2000.

Maybe you could advise me how to completely clear out FSDT from my system and start again from scratch?  I have no way of uninstalling using Add/Remove programs as all the failed installs don't appear there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 10:58:41 am »
I don't think uninstalling will change anything because, of course, the problem is not the installer, but something external which is blocking it, which can be either the lack of space on the drive that contains the Windows temporary folder (NOT the drive you are installing into). Are you sure you have enough space on the drive that holds the Windows temporary folder ?

If it's not the drive, then it might be the antivirus. Be sure it's disabled and, if you have other similar security products, disable them all.

mamock

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 05:05:47 pm »
Have found the culprit using windows clean startup (msconfig).

I had recently updated Acronis to 2018 version and wasn't aware that it has an element called 'Acronis Active Protection'

Still odd that it would let an initial FSDT Setup run fully and then block all subsequent Setups...

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 06:59:03 pm »
I had recently updated Acronis to 2018 version and wasn't aware that it has an element called 'Acronis Active Protection'

I was quite sure the problem didn't had anything to do with our installer, and it was caused by an external software.