Author Topic: GSX does not show a pop-up window  (Read 2949 times)

Deniboy

GSX does not show a pop-up window
« on: November 22, 2017, 07:47:34 am »
Greetings, i need your help!!! At me all perfectly works in P3Dv4, only the menu GSX and Couatl dont open. If you press hot keys and press buttons 1,2,3.... then ground services come, but does not show a pop-up menu windows GSX and Gouatl. I do not see and can not choose actions for GSX, just at random!!!

Added a link to screenshots
https://yadi.sk/d/k1igLBqI3PuHwu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX does not show a pop-up window
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 10:05:35 am »
If you have GSX working, and even responding to key events, just without the menu window, the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which is clearly working. The menu window is not controlled by GSX and it's not a "GSX menu", it's the standard Simconnect  menu which is shared by all applications, and we don't have any control over it, other than asking the sim to display it.

So, your problem it's related to the sim itself, which for some reason cannot display the standard Simconnect menu window.

In some cases, the menu window resizes after loading some 3rd party airplanes. Maybe it has become too small, or behind the main screen.  See this post here, which suggest some ways to control the size:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16247.msg116058.html#msg116058

Deniboy

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:14:31 am »
Thanks for the advice, I will experiment in the evening.

Deniboy

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 06:16:26 pm »
I did not manage to solve my problem ((( I edited the file missionpanels.cfg, but nothing has changed and I do not see the action menu GSX. The only thing I noticed, when I moved the file missionpanels.cfg to another location, when you press buttons 1-7 ground services ceased to be called. Are there any other ideas???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 10:26:53 am »
. Are there any other ideas???

I think you'll might have to reinstall the sim, using the full installer. The menu is made using Scaleform, and some cases the files required by it are not installed, for example if you update using the client only updater without installing the content.

Try uninstall the sim, and reinstalling using the latest P3D V4.1 full installer.

Deniboy

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 11:58:57 am »
Yes, it may be necessary