Author Topic: Since update to P3Dv4, can't register FSDT products  (Read 3235 times)

por930

Since update to P3Dv4, can't register FSDT products
« on: November 21, 2017, 03:06:52 pm »
Hi Umberto, Went to do a push back tonight with GSX and nothing happended...Then checked my Add-ons>Addon Manager(4.0.0.6) and saw where all my sceneries and GSX are set at Product Installed, in TRIAL Mode...Some how, maybe when I updated P3Dv4 to 4.1, I have disrupted the licence validation process. And, when I try and re-register my serial numbers, the usual register box appears with the FSDTKDFW- and I insert my reg No, the box disappears...it used to advise rego ok etc. Then when I try and re-register again, this time the registration box has no FSDTKDFW- so that is different.

P3DV4.1, WIN10

I am presently using the Coutl_Updater...which seems to be downloading lots of files...so, maybe this will repair my issues?

Regards  
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:22:27 pm by por930 »
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Since update to P3Dv4, can't register FSDT products
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 04:09:17 pm »
Then checked my Add-ons>Addon Manager(4.0.0.6)

That's a fairly old version.

I am presently using the Coutl_Updater...which seems to be downloading lots of files...so, maybe this will repair my issues?

It should.

por930

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 02:13:33 am »
Hi Umberto,
Yes, the Coutl_Updater loaded lot and lots of files over an hour or so...and now all products seem to be working.

I see on the desktop a program called FSDT Live Update. So, I just tried it now to check everything ok, and thought it would say, Everything up to date...But, it is re-downloading some of the same files downloaded by Coutl_Updater last night? rather than risk file contamination, I did not interrupt it 

Is FSDT Live Update not able to check some sort of date or ? state of the FSDT family to not download all the same files again? Or I suppose, there were some changes you did last night that it found this morning....

Anyway, it will be a good step forward to have the updater offering an update when an update is available.
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 10:11:08 am »
Is FSDT Live Update not able to check some sort of date or ? state of the FSDT family to not download all the same files again? Or I suppose, there were some changes you did last night that it found this morning....

The Live Update is not so rudimentary to check for a "file date", which can be altered, misleading, depending on timezones, etc. It checks the actual MD5 of each and every file, comparing the one on your system and the one on the server and, it will download something only if it's different or missing.

So, if it was downloading lots of stuff in your case, it can only means that:

- Many files were different, which means you didn't update in a while

OR

- Many files were missing instead, which also means you didn't update in a while (assuming you haven't removed anything, of course).

Another possible reason for continuous downloads, is that something like an antivirus or a firewall is blocking the Live Update from downloading files, so they are still found outdated. In this case, you must add the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus exclusions.

por930

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 01:23:54 pm »
You are correct Umberto, I have not updated for a long time, so the updater was obviously finding lots to do. This also means our systems will now be healthier, FSDT wise....Anyway, I have it on my schedule now to use the Live update program once per month, which should keep things up to date.

Thanks for the sale, been waiting to get KSDF.

Regards
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 03:38:27 pm »
Anyway, I have it on my schedule now to use the Live update program once per month, which should keep things up to date.

The current version (you might have not noticed because your version wasn't updated in a long time) has Live Update notifications too, so if there's an update, it will tell you.

por930

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 03:11:04 am »
Anyway, I have it on my schedule now to use the Live update program once per month, which should keep things up to date.

The current version (you might have not noticed because your version wasn't updated in a long time) has Live Update notifications too, so if there's an update, it will tell you.
Hi Umberto,

How does the notification work? When we fire up P3D, or when we open any airport, or any FSDT airport where there is an update available?

When I look at Add-ons>Couatl Live Update, there is still the option for, Check Live Update...Are you saying we do not need to use the Live Update option any more?

Regards
Geoff