Author Topic: KIAH Parking Spots and GSX Interaction  (Read 2833 times)

N405GJ

KIAH Parking Spots and GSX Interaction
« on: November 21, 2017, 03:52:40 am »
Hello. I want to start by saying thank you for all your efforts getting these sceneries up to P3Dv4. I am loving your work.

Onto the question. I frequently fly in and out of KIAH as it is my domicile for my VA. The problem I am having is that just about every parking spot is marked as Ramp GA in the P3D selection window. There are none of the usual Small/Medium/Heavy gates. I cannot get GSX services or a jetway up to the aircraft.

In reading through other topics I see a common question of if the person has SODE installed and running. I do have SODE installed and working at other airports. My slightly educated guess is something with the BGL file for the airport is incorrect. I need a Heavy gate to get GSX services for my 747 or 777.

Thanks for your time and efforts. Looking forward to your replies.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KIAH Parking Spots and GSX Interaction
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 04:36:18 pm »
As discussed many times on the forum, the parking type it's just a label, it doesn't have any relationship to the size, so we flag all as Ramp GA, in order to get rid of default ground vehicles, which will interfere both with static details placed on the apron, and with GSX vehicles.

This is a technique used by many other developers but, in our sceneries, we can use a custom GSX menu with more realistic descriptions, and in the latest GSX version, you can even see how many parkings for each terminal are usable for your airplane, which means it will be much easier and better than using the standard World Go-To Airport.

So, use the standard Goto menu only to position at the airport (maybe on the runway), then use the GSX menu with the "Warp Me here" option, which will just move your plane there, without activating GSX, basically replacing the standard menu to select a parking spot.

The latest version of KIAH use SODE jetways, and they are integrated in the GSX menu, using the "Operate Jetways" menu. They surely work.

stro19

Re: KIAH Parking Spots and GSX Interaction
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 10:25:41 pm »
Hello, My GSX works fine, but why is Fedex, Spirit and other airlines, parking at United terminals at KIAH in P3D4. Like I have Fedex and other airlines parked at terminal C and E. I dont have my traffic set high so the appropriate gates and the cargo area are opened. I guess some of the airlines codes arent assigned.
SaintJoe