Author Topic: GSX nolonger remembers correct airline crates. **SOLVED**  (Read 6610 times)

cptbambi

GSX nolonger remembers correct airline crates. **SOLVED**
« on: November 20, 2017, 04:47:58 pm »
Gsx used to keep the same crate liveries that were loaded from Departure airport to the Arrival airport.

For example: I load with British airways services and crates with British Airways liveries, fly to destination and unload with another company say Menzies but British Airways Crates would still come out of the aircraft.

Now it's no longer doing that.

Example: I load with British airways services and crates with British Airways liveries, fly to destination and unload with another company say Menzies but now it will unload Menzies crates instead of the British Airways Crates that were originally loaded.

This is not specific with any Airport or Aircraft as it's doing it every were with every plane used.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:23:05 pm by cptbambi »

Scottie5

Re: GSX nolonger remembers correct airline crates.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 03:31:43 pm »
This is happening to me also, I have no idea how to resolve the issue. :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 06:42:06 pm »
GSX never "remembered" anything about the operator. It always used the airplane airline code to select ULDs so, as long as you didn't switch the airplane mid-flight, it looked AS IF it "remembered" it, because the airplane hasn't changed.

If the airplane airline code is missing, it will use whatever operator of the currently selected airport, which means it will almost always change from departure to arrival.

cptbambi

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 10:27:58 pm »
Either way it used to work as I described, now it doesn't anymore, worked fine before with all of the aircraft I used, unless GSX is no longer reading the airline codes?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:30:18 pm by cptbambi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 03:24:49 am »
I tried it, and it works just fine. I've manually set the atc_parking_codes for a default airplane, and I can see ULDs loaded with that logo, regardless of the airport operator, and regardless if the parking itself has its own parking codes: the ones reads from the airplane will be used for ULDs only, which is how is supposed to be.

Are you sure the airplane.cfg has the proper atc_parking_codes ? It's the atc_parking_codes, which according to the SDK, are the same codes that are supposed to be found in the scenery (in the AFCAD), it's not the atc_airline parameter, which is instead the ATC callsign for that airline.

cptbambi

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 04:16:12 pm »
I'll have a look, it's just that it used to work fine at my end with all of my aircraft, I've not changed anything and now they all no longer display correct cargo, I wonder if something is conflicting.

cptbambi

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 11:55:36 am »
Just to confirm I'm referring to the liveries displayed NOT the type of crate used.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 01:21:57 pm »
Just to confirm I'm referring to the liveries displayed NOT the type of crate used.

That's what I was referring too, when I said:

"I tried it, and it works just fine. I've manually set the atc_parking_codes for a default airplane, and I can see ULDs loaded with that logo, regardless of the airport operator"

cptbambi

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 11:27:07 am »
* That's what I was referring too, when I said:

"I tried it, and it works just fine. I've manually set the atc_parking_codes for a default airplane, and I can see ULDs loaded with that logo, regardless of the airport operator"

Ok but my problem is if i fly to another airport the same uld logos are not coming out, so for example i load with ulds with British airways logo, fly to another airport then land and say for example i unload with Lufthansa it will off load Lufthansa ulds with Lufthansa logos.

I've tried looking in the aircraft config file for this atc_parking_codes you tell me about but i can't see it anywhere, the only ones are

atc_airline=SPEED BIRD
atc_id=G-ZBAV
atc_flight_number=88
atc_heavy=1
atc_model=777-200LR
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
atc_type=BOEING

This was taken from my PMDG 777 200lr or do i have to add it manually?

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:55:09 am by cptbambi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 01:17:19 pm »
I've tried looking in the aircraft config file for this atc_parking_codes you tell me about but i can't see it anywhere, the only ones are

That's why, in my first reply to you, I said:

If the airplane airline code is missing, it will use whatever operator of the currently selected airport, which means it will almost always change from departure to arrival.

And I also asked it again, later on:

Are you sure the airplane.cfg has the proper atc_parking_codes ?

So, the whole issue doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which always worked correctly and never changed. It's just you are using a plane without any atc_parking_codes in the aircraft.cfg so, of course, GSX has no way to identify it's airline correctly, so the crates will have the logo of the airport, which will of course change from departure to destination.

As I've said, GSX never had the ability to "remember" where you departed from. It's always relied on the atc_parking_codes being present, which will result in the ULD logos being locked to the airline of the airplane, regardless of the location.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:21:45 pm by virtuali »

cptbambi

Re: GSX nolonger remembers correct airline crates
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 05:49:36 pm »
There is no need to be rude,

In the past I've never had to add anything to the aircraft configs to make the correct uld liveries display, it always used to work regardless of the aircraft chosen, the example i gave in the last post was from the PMDG 777 which is advertised as supported by GSX so i used it as an example and it had always worked fine in the past, and it's aircraft.cfg has never had this atc_parking_codes, yet it used to work perfectly fine before...

So, the whole issue doesn't have anything to do with GSX

My GSX isn't off loading the same crate liveries and were loaded from the start of the flight, there is no other program that has anything to do with the crate liveries other than GSX, hence why I'm "trying" to get support in resolving my issue.

Also you said...

GSX never "remembered" anything about the operator. It always used the airplane airline code to select ULDs so, as long as you didn't switch the airplane mid-flight, it looked AS IF it "remembered" it, because the airplane hasn't changed.

Then you said.....

I tried it, and it works just fine. I've manually set the atc_parking_codes for a default airplane, and I can see ULDs loaded with that logo, regardless of the airport operator, and regardless if the parking itself has its own parking codes: the ones reads from the airplane will be used for ULDs only, which is how is supposed to be.

So first it was "Airplane airline code" then it was "Atc_parking_codes".... you have to excuse my confusion..

So i assume i have to go through all of my aircraft configs and add this line, also note i never had to do this before.

(Edit I've just tried adding the Atc_parking_codes to the aircraft.cfg and added the BA for British Airways liveries, has this been done correctly? I've had to assume the latter as you are yet to answer my last question, however it's still not working correctly, I've removed the solved tag until I've received appropriate assistance with my product...)

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 06:33:01 pm by cptbambi »

cptbambi

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 06:18:10 pm »
As I've said, GSX never had the ability to "remember" where you departed from. It's always relied on the atc_parking_codes being present, which will result in the ULD logos being locked to the airline of the airplane, regardless of the location.

I think you miss understand what I'm trying to convey, I'm not saying that GSX remembers where i took off from, I trying to say its not unloading the same crate liveries that were loaded at the start of the flight, as it used to do a number of updates back.

Example:
Load British airways crates, fly to location, get serviced by Lufthansa and Lufthansa crates are being unloaded (It didn't used to do this, NOTHING has changed on my end other than GSX updates via live update.

All I want is assistance with my product to get it working as intended.

Thanks..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 11:57:50 pm »
There is no need to be rude,

I don't see anything "rude" in my message. I only see the correct answer to your problem.

In the past I've never had to add anything to the aircraft configs to make the correct uld liveries display, it always used to work regardless of the aircraft chosen, the example i gave in the last post was from the PMDG 777 which is advertised as supported by GSX so i used it as an example and it had always worked fine in the past, and it's aircraft.cfg has never had this atc_parking_codes, yet it used to work perfectly fine before...

Nothing in GSX has ever changed. It always used the atc_parking_codes in the aircraft.cfg file, and this was the only way to have the same ULDs regardless of the airport.

My GSX isn't off loading the same crate liveries and were loaded from the start of the flight, there is no other program that has anything to do with the crate liveries other than GSX, hence why I'm "trying" to get support in resolving my issue.

GSX is working as expected, because your airplane is missing the atc_parking_codes.

So first it was "Airplane airline code" then it was "Atc_parking_codes".... you have to excuse my confusion..

When I said "airplane airline code", it's just a colloquial sentence. The actual name of the parameter of the aircraft.cfg file is atc_parking_codes.

It was meant to say, "set the airplane airline code, by adding a line named atc_parking_codes = to your aircraft.cfg"

So i assume i have to go through all of my aircraft configs and add this line, also note i never had to do this before.

How else you would expect GSX would know which livery are you flying, if there's no data about it anywhere in the airplane config ? If you never had to do this before, it's only because you might have used other planes or airplane repaints that have their atc_parking_codes  properly set.

(Edit I've just tried adding the Atc_parking_codes to the aircraft.cfg and added the BA for British Airways liveries, has this been done correctly?

No, because the atc_parking_codes, both in the scenery or the airplane, are supposed to be ICAO codes, and this is the SDK standard (which GSX also follows), so for British Airways it should be BAW

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 12:54:21 am »
I would like to add this is also explained in the GSX manual, Page 45 in the chapter that explains ULDs, which I will quote here:

If your airplane.cfg includes the ICAO code of your airline in the atc_parking_codes parameter, this will take precedence over any other selection method. It’s assumed you will preferably load containers with the airline logo of the airplane. If your airplane doesn’t have an atc_parking_codes parameter in its aircraft.cfg file, the selection will be made per airport, using the same selection methods as the handling vehicles.

In this case, it might happen you will load containers with a logo on departure, and a different one when unloading on arrival. This is normal, and can’t be prevented if your airplane.cfg doesn’t have the airline code set.

cptbambi

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 12:22:46 pm »
I don't see anything "rude" in my message. I only see the correct answer to your problem.

It may seem that way to you but not to others...

How else you would expect GSX would know which livery are you flying, if there's no data about it anywhere in the airplane config ? If you never had to do this before, it's only because you might have used other planes or airplane repaints that have their atc_parking_codes  properly set.

See what I mean....

When I said "airplane airline code", it's just a colloquial sentence. The actual name of the parameter of the aircraft.cfg file is atc_parking_codes.

Whether it was a "colloquial sentence" or not you still gave conflicting information...

GSX is working as expected, because your airplane is missing the atc_parking_codes.

Just saying working as expected isn't going to stop me asking for help if i get stuck...

I went to AVSIM and got a helpful response from Fshobby and it only took him three posts, rather than give conflicting and rude posts he got straight to the point and pointed out where I had gone wrong, you really need to work on your customer service...

I've now remarked the post as solved.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:32:22 pm by virtuali »