Author Topic: Staircases will not withdraw after doors closed.  (Read 7672 times)

jimble

Staircases will not withdraw after doors closed.
« on: November 20, 2017, 12:52:44 am »
Hi,
 I can't start push back because the staircases remain in place despite the doors closing. GSX menu indicates that boarding is still in progress, despite despite baggage trucks withdrawing and all doors closed. Airbus MCDI 2 indicates that all processes are complete. I note a similar post in which you say problem is fixed with latest update, which i have run but no luck...version 2201 with FSX.
   Thanks in anticipation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Staircases will not withdraw after doors closed.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 12:23:04 pm »
I confirm the product is fixed with the last update:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

Bugfix: Fix a problem of boarding/deboarding not always complete under some conditions.

jimble

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 06:10:21 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys, but now i have this problem. I can't get through the boarding process because this happens every time.."The addon unknowm is causing the coutl scripting engine to restart please down load the and install the latest addon manager"
  I did as instructed, but no luck. Would it be possible to point me to an older version of GSX so that i can get it up and running again.
      Thanks.

rich1241

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 06:16:00 pm »
I have exactly the same problem as jimble - is it possible to revert back to the previous version of GSX for now?

Thanks,
Rich

Thanks for the replies guys, but now i have this problem. I can't get through the boarding process because this happens every time.."The addon unknowm is causing the coutl scripting engine to restart please down load the and install the latest addon manager"
  I did as instructed, but no luck. Would it be possible to point me to an older version of GSX so that i can get it up and running again.
      Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 06:46:36 pm »
."The addon unknowm is causing the coutl scripting engine to restart please down load the and install the latest addon manager"

The message doesn't say just that, it also open your error log. What does it say ?

jimble

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 06:57:10 pm »
couatl v3.2 (build 3876)
panic log started on Mon Nov 20 12:02:30 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 640, in do
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
{'Airport': 'EGBB', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate 82', 'User Pos': (52.455982585237486, -1.7377306656201155, 104.14 m, 4.47094 m, 145.0520185890204)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 07:53:33 pm »
We already fixed this error, as discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16920.0.html

Run the FSDT Live Update to get the latest files.

jimble

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 08:14:11 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I have run the live updater several times but the problem persists. Live updater opens as administrator.

jimble

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 08:26:04 pm »
I'm probably barking up the wrong tree, but i notice that Live updater is pointing to Files "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl_Updater.exe" aren't files in that folder protected?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 11:07:55 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I have run the live updater several times but the problem persists.

Have you done that *after* I posted my reply ? The fix for it was posted minutes earlier.

i notice that Live updater is pointing to Files "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl_Updater.exe" aren't files in that folder protected?

That's not an issue, since all our installers always set the proper read/write permission to all users of the system to the whole Addon Manager folder.

jimble

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 03:56:49 am »
Some progress after reinstall and update as Coutl has stopped crashing but unfortunately, the staircases still will not withdraw after boarding complete. This is very strange as the majority of people report that this problem is resolved with the update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 04:28:12 pm »
Some progress after reinstall and update as Coutl has stopped crashing but unfortunately, the staircases still will not withdraw after boarding complete. This is very strange as the majority of people report that this problem is resolved with the update.

The problem reported was the boarding that never complete. The staircase not going away was never a problem to begin with (assuming the boarding *has* completed), they are supposed to go away when you ask for pushback and departure.

jimble

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 08:11:07 pm »
Yes, the boarding process will not complete so i can't get a push back. The stairs used to retract when the passenger doors were closed.

jimble

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 12:12:35 am »
I just tested with Feel There 170 and GSX worked as it should ie, stair cases withdrew and allowed me to proceed to push back. Repeated with Aerosoft  Airbus a 319 and staircases will not withdraw and menu indicates that boarding is still in progress despite being finished. Is there a change that needs to be made to the Airbus cfg?
   Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 10:13:14 am »
Please run the FSDT Live Update from the Desktop now, because we had another update that should hopefully fix all remaining cases of boarding not completed.