Author Topic: 35R Stutters **SOLVED**  (Read 6359 times)

ChrisKLAS

35R Stutters **SOLVED**
« on: November 19, 2017, 09:06:06 am »
Hi guys,

Running KSDF on P3Dv41. It's gorgeous scenery, especially for someone who was born and raised in Louisville. I'm having a bit of an issue when landing on 35R. From about a mile final all the way to the threshold, I always get a series of about 4-5 noticeable stutters, several seconds apart. I don't see this at all when landing on any other runway. Antipop is set to 30, and enabling/disabling ground traffic doesn't seem to have any effect. No other addon scenery for a couple hundred miles, and I'm not running ORBX Vector or anything like that. The scenery is silky smooth in every other facet and I have no stuttering/pausing issues at other (far more complex) FSDT airports, so just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:24:33 pm by virtuali »

ChrisKLAS

Re: 35R Stutters
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 11:06:18 pm »
Nevermind. I was running mesh resolution at 1m like an idiot.  ::) All is well now!

Thanks for another fantastic scenery!

dornier

Re: 35R Stutters **SOLVED**
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 12:46:13 am »
Hi,

What was the magic Mesh setting that fixed your stuttering at KSDF.  Mine stutters quite a bit using an i7 and GTX 1080.  I'm running P3D V4.1.

Thanks,

George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 01:44:31 pm »
What was the magic Mesh setting that fixed your stuttering at KSDF. 

Try the ones in the KSDF manual,  Page 9, the Design Notes.

dornier

Re: Re: 35R Stutters **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 02:20:47 pm »
What was the magic Mesh setting that fixed your stuttering at KSDF. 

Try the ones in the KSDF manual,  Page 9, the Design Notes.
Will do, thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bhorv67

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 04:24:44 pm »
I'm getting very long stutters in the same place (1-2 seconds). Fortunately, P3d didn't crash.

I do have the mesh slider at 5m, but in P3d, there is no Mesh complexity slider. What else can be done to help?

ahuimanu

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 05:54:01 pm »
I don't think the runway matters so much as the distance from the airport.  I landed on 17L today, after an across the pond flight, and it seems that things are loaded that make the approach a very unpleasant experience - stutters, long loads, and other things that more or less ruin a hand-flown approach.  I find KMEM to be a similar experience.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 12:34:36 am »
I don't think the runway matters so much as the distance from the airport.  I landed on 17L today, after an across the pond flight, and it seems that things are loaded that make the approach a very unpleasant experience - stutters, long loads, and other things that more or less ruin a hand-flown approach.  I find KMEM to be a similar experience.

You don't say which simulator you use. If you use FSX, it's normal, since these sceneries are made for P3D mainly.