Author Topic: passenger number  (Read 11257 times)

ashun

passenger number
« on: November 16, 2017, 05:44:30 pm »
I just downloaded new update which shows passenger number while boarding. It shows total number of passengers 563 while PMDG 777W has max capacity for 354.
Am i doing something wrong.
I have attached image to show what i mean.

Best wishes
Ash

Claude

Re: passenger number
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 11:30:53 pm »
Great idea to include in GSX although the result was interesting. I just tried with a PMDG777-200 and GSX loaded 372 PAXs!

I set the overall PMDG Payload to 70% and the FMC suggested 164 Passengers (10 First, 34 Bus, 120 Econ) the indicated total capacity is 234 (14 First, 48 Bus, 172 Econ).

Let's quickly point out that the Pax settings in the PMDG FMC are not presumed to be an accurate portrayal of a real 777-200's capacity. What's more important for PMDG flight planning is weight and balances. Real world 777 capacity varies between 314-396 according to Wikipedia. Currently United Air's 777-200's vary between 269-364.

So a question, I suppose, is there any way (actual or planned) for a user to change this variable to fit the plane?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 08:36:47 am »
The number of passengers is not a standard system in the sim, but something that airplane developers simulate in many different ways, either from external loaders, or with internal simulations, which might be progressive or not, there's no standard.

So, as explained on the GSX manual (Page 11), GSX estimates the number of passengers by dividing the total station load by 220 lbs, which is the industry standard for an average weight of pax+luggage, and this has always been used to calculate the passengers boarding/deboarding times.

While this might work well (although it might never be exactly the same, unless the 3rd party airplane has used exactly the same 220 lbs calculation) with planes with a full passenger configuration, those with a "combi" configuration won't be very accurate. We might further improve this, with an eventual GSX expansion dedicated to Cargo operations, which will have more complex airplane configuration parameters, indicating exactly which stations are passengers and which are cargo, how many ULDs can be loaded, etc.

Unfortunately, the station load system in FSX/P3D is quite primitive, and there's no such thing as a station "type", so we only know where a station is (for weight and balance), how much weights, and its name, but there's no sure flag to indicate what that station it's used for so, the best we could come up with, was adding all the stations together, and divide by 220 lbs, to give a rough estimate on the number of passengers. It was never thought as an accurate simulation, just to have a noticeable difference in waiting times between large and small airplanes.

Nothing has changed with this version, we just print out the result, to give some feedback of the operation in progress.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:26:15 pm by virtuali »

Claude

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 04:14:32 pm »
Understood! Works for me!

GerdD

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 11:57:20 am »
to bring this up again, just a proposal:
showing a percentage-counting instead of number-counting
during boarding/unboarding would look much better and
nobody would compare fictional figures with real load anymore.

Tobus

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 11:26:32 am »
seeing and reading this and I also understand. It does feel strange though to have my A2A connie loaded up "fully" with 12 pax.
I'd be interested in ways to change this...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 05:30:18 am »
nobody would compare fictional figures with real load anymore

But then we'll release the expansion, showing actual passengers, and people will start counting and comparing again...

a320wolf

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 02:17:14 pm »
Hi Umberto, could it possible to set the desire number of pax instead of reading the weight of the plane ?
Or is a feature for the future version with "real" passengers ?  :D

Thanks a lot!
Regards, Max

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 06:01:10 pm »
Hi Umberto, could it possible to set the desire number of pax instead of reading the weight of the plane ?

It's already in the current version, in the July 11th update:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

NEW: New Setting added: "Estimate passengers number" under GSX - Settings - Simulation. If disabled, GSX will ask confirmation for the estimated number of passengers before Deboarding/Boarding.

Of course, now it's only simulated, but with visible passenger it will be more useful.

a320wolf

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 03:29:06 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I missed it! Thanks a lot!

Regards, Max

TextRich

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2020, 05:43:27 pm »
Greetings I am new to GSX but love it so far.  I have tried unchecking the box for estimate passenger number, but GSX does not prompt me to enter or confirm a number.  I am using it with FSX.  Thank you for checking into this.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2020, 07:47:04 pm »
Greetings I am new to GSX but love it so far.  I have tried unchecking the box for estimate passenger number, but GSX does not prompt me to enter or confirm a number.  I am using it with FSX.  Thank you for checking into this.
It would only do so if you request boarding or deboarding. If you already requested boarding and entered a number in prior to departure, when you land and request deboarding, it won't ask again since it would just use what you previously entered for boarding.
Captain Kevin

TextRich

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2020, 12:07:30 am »
It would only do so if you request boarding or deboarding. If you already requested boarding and entered a number in prior to departure, when you land and request deboarding, it won't ask again since it would just use what you previously entered for boarding.

Thank you, I just re-tried it and I now get prompted to enter a number in the top green bar.  I think I made a mistake and overlooked it as I was using PACX at the same time for a couple of flights.  If I may offer a small feedback, I would like for the number keypad to be able to enter numbers.  From what I could see only the main number keys of the keyboard works.  I have tested it with the Num Lock just to be sure.  Thank you for the support for the great product.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2020, 01:10:36 am »
If I may offer a small feedback, I would like for the number keypad to be able to enter numbers.  From what I could see only the main number keys of the keyboard works.  I have tested it with the Num Lock just to be sure.  Thank you for the support for the great product.
I'm not part of the development team, so this one is out of my control. I'm just a regular customer like yourself.
Captain Kevin

TextRich

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2020, 03:03:32 am »
"Support" as in help from the community.  Is there a suggested location for direct feedback of GSX?