Author Topic: Pause on every message window more apparent with passenger loading status.  (Read 2660 times)

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
P3D V5.1 HF1 ... is this an LM issue or GSX L2 issue?  I haven't noticed any pauses when other 3rd party apps display simconnect messages.  I didn't find this reported to LM devs so not sure how to proceed.

Otherwise, GSX L2 just keeps getting better and better, thank you for your support and dedication.

Cheers, Rob.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pause on every message window more apparent with passenger loading status.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 01:43:59 pm »
We surely haven't change anything in the GSX code.

Could you please clarify exactly how those pauses are manifesting ? Is the whole sim pausing while the message is showing ? Or it's just GSX animations ? I tried it now, with stairs and passenger density at max, and I couldn't see any pauses.

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 11:59:27 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Hopefully this unlisted video can help demonstration the issue:

https://youtu.be/oD5xKIpJYJw

You do need to be in motion (i.e. moving a camera around the scene) to see it.   It's as if the main simulator thread is being locked when displaying the simconnect message of passenger loading count xx/yy.  If you don't believe this is anything to do with you, I'll pass on to LM.

Cheers, Rob.

MARCUS0010

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 12:07:07 am »
We surely haven't change anything in the GSX code.

Could you please clarify exactly how those pauses are manifesting ? Is the whole sim pausing while the message is showing ? Or it's just GSX animations ? I tried it now, with stairs and passenger density at max, and I couldn't see any pauses.

Hi umberto , it happens every time the green text box appears with the message loading people , crew ect ect , as this text green box pops up every 20 to 40 sec you have stutters and a 10 fps dip , this happens only when gsx is doing something and the green text bar appear .

Regards

Marco

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 11:00:50 am »
Ok, I really don't noticed it here but yes, it's something completely outside our control ( anything related to text menus and text sign is ), we just make the same Simconnect call that hasn't changed in years, it's up to the sim what to do with it. I'm sure it's happening with any other apps that use these messages but, you might not see if unless those would print a message while GSX is playing animations, since they are linked to the screen refresh.

MARCUS0010

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 12:54:16 pm »
Ok, I really don't noticed it here but yes, it's something completely outside our control ( anything related to text menus and text sign is ), we just make the same Simconnect call that hasn't changed in years, it's up to the sim what to do with it. I'm sure it's happening with any other apps that use these messages but, you might not see if unless those would print a message while GSX is playing animations, since they are linked to the screen refresh.

Hi Umberto , i think the away around this would be to have a html information bar for gsx ( like the new  gsx menus )  so it does not use the default p3d text bar which is broken .
If i disactivate the text bar will it break something in gsx ?

Regards.

Marco

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 09:59:16 pm »
Hi Umberto , i think the away around this would be to have a html information bar for gsx ( like the new  gsx menus )  so it does not use the default p3d text bar which is broken .

The html menu cannot be used as a information bar, because it always waits for you input and it can appear anywhere ( again, without any control ).

If i disactivate the text bar will it break something in gsx ?

Not really, but you might just miss messages from GSX and for any other app that use it.

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 07:05:32 am »
I'll report to LM and see if they have any insight.

Cheers, Rob.