Author Topic: Couati ERROR on approach after selecting a gate.  (Read 20302 times)

f.skywalker

Re: Couati ERROR on approach after selecting a gate.
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2017, 10:17:55 am »
File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 1013, in checkAirplane
AttributeError: 'KLAS' object has no attribute 'onEnteredGate'

Al People with KLAS have the same error.log

Frank

lukehall

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2017, 10:26:19 am »

We'll have a look at it, to prevent at least the error, but I'm fairly sure it's a bug of the scenery, like missing connections, orphaned nodes, etc. Which scenery you used ?

Despite the fact that I have been flying to european airports when this error has been occurring, I noticed that my error log mentioned KLAS. So, I disabled and uninstalled FSDT's KLAS, and the problem has gone away. So, all good (unless I want to fly to KLAS again).

See attached error log from when I was flying into Dubrovnik...

Interesting,

it is enough to disable the airport or you have to completely uninstall it.

Frank

Hi Frank. I first uninstalled it from the Windows Control Panel, then also disabled it within the Addon Manager inside P3D just to make sure.

f.skywalker

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2017, 10:57:53 am »
Thanks,

I will make a test without deinstalling KLAS.
At the first time i will disable KLAS in P3D (Scenery Libary)

Have you testet the Problem with only disable KLAS in P3D

Sorry about my bad englisch writing.

Frank

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2017, 12:49:39 pm »
AttributeError: 'KLAS' object has no attribute 'onEnteredGate'

There's that KLAS again, always present in these error logs.

Regards,
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2017, 08:43:38 am »
couatl v3.2 (build 3852)

Run the FSDT Live Update, because this shows you are still running an outdated version.

portanav

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2017, 08:58:57 am »
Run the FSDT Live Update, because this shows you are still running an outdated version.

Then Umberto, I propose to you that the problem lies with LIVE UPDATE on certain systems, as it is not doing its job of updating.

Regards,
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2017, 09:03:20 am »
Then Umberto, I propose to you that the problem lies with LIVE UPDATE on certain systems, as it is not doing its job of updating.

There's no problem whatsoever in the Live Update.

If it's "not doing its job", it can only because of another external software interfering with it, blocking the download, and this it's usually caused by the antivirus/firewall, which has mistakenly assumed it might be a thread, just because "it's downloading something", which is obviously the point of an updater and it's clearly an antivirus bug, since the updater is surely not doing anything dangerous or strange, and it's digitally signed with an authenticode signature, which is what antivirus vendors suggest to developers to prevent false positives.

portanav

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2017, 09:39:56 am »

........ this it's usually caused by the antivirus/firewall, which has mistakenly assumed it might be a thread.......

Umberto, I do not have any computer resident anti-virus, windows defender or firewall (except modem firewall) program on my system and yet I have this problem.

Why?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:54:53 am by portanav »
regards, MICHAEL.

f.skywalker

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2017, 09:42:09 am »
Disabling only KLAS did not help.
I then uninstalled it.
After uninstall the Addon Manager are gone.
I must reinstall GSX to get the Addon Manager back.

Now I have to test if it helped.

What I can say that the log is now without KLAS entry.
I have tested in LGSK where the bus after boarding caused a mistake because he drives into the area. Is probably an AFCAD problem.

Frank from EDDM
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:46:31 am by f.skywalker »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2017, 01:21:28 pm »
Umberto, I do not have any computer resident anti-virus, windows defender or firewall (except modem firewall) program on my system and yet I have this problem.

Then you cannot be sure if you have a real virus instead. Maybe not a dangerous virus, but one of those adware-related stuff (loaded by browsers), which might hijack downloads. I seen something like this, of such adware invisible browser plugins, which intercept your PC DNS settings, causing issues with downloads.

But note, I wasn't replying to you. I was replying to the user with the log indicating a outdated Couatl.exe version. In HIS case, the problem is surely he hasn't run the FSDT Live Update OR (if he has), something is blocking it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:23:13 pm by virtuali »

petakas

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2017, 02:06:25 pm »
In HIS case, the problem is surely he hasn't run the FSDT Live Update OR (if he has), something is blocking it.

Is the GSX Full Installer always posted in the GSX page with latest Cuatl version ?
If yes I prefer to download it and run installation over existing GSX to make sure all updated stuff goes in.

In cases where I have run the FSDT Live Update in the past I have observed some errors sometimes in GSX operations in next P3D sessions and I have no antivirus except the Windows10 defender (or whatever its called).
Kyprianos Biris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2017, 03:44:11 pm »
If yes I prefer to download it and run installation over existing GSX to make sure all updated stuff goes in.

It doesn't make any difference, since the FSDT Live Update is being launched by the installer anyway. The only time you would have to download the full installer, is if you were updating from an old version (one that was made before June 2017), which ran updates with the old system, one that couldn't update every FSDT file.

In cases where I have run the FSDT Live Update in the past I have observed some errors sometimes in GSX operations in next P3D sessions

There's no difference whatsoever between installing the full installer and then the Live Update, or just running the Live Update manually. They are one and the same, since the installer launches the same FSDT Live Updater executable linked to the Desktop icon.

petakas

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2017, 08:01:52 pm »
OK thanks.
And I assume I do not need to unregister-reregister SODE after each Live update right ?
Kyprianos Biris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2017, 08:41:33 am »
And I assume I do not need to unregister-reregister SODE after each Live update right ?

Surely not. We don't touch/update anything related to SODE.