Author Topic: Perfect Flight 777-300 GSX ground services  (Read 3400 times)

jdhawaii

Perfect Flight 777-300 GSX ground services
« on: November 16, 2017, 10:16:44 am »
When the 777 is docked at Heathrow, the baggage loading belt does not line up with the aft cargo door (it is behind the airplane) and the towbar on the tug is not connected to the nose gear (it is about ten feet forward).  The bags come from thin air to the top of the belt and disappear, and the plane does get pushed back even though the tow bar is not touching it.   Is there a way to get things lined up better?

JDhawaii

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Perfect Flight 777-300 GSX ground services
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 01:12:41 pm »
Have you read the GSX manual ? There's a whole section about airplane customization.You just can't use GSX on an airplane that is not already internally supported by it, if you don't create a configuration for it.

The airplane configuration editor page, of course, will tell you if an airplane is not already internally supported, so you must configure it.

jdhawaii

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 11:53:17 am »
Using the airplane configuration graphic editor I solved the towbar problem by lining the nose gear up with the cross hairs.  However, even though I was able to position the red, green and blue cross hairs on the rear cargo door on the right side, the baggage vehicle still operates about 15 feet behind the airplane, instead of lining up with the cargo door.  I am sure that the cargo door on this 777-300 is in the same location as other software vendors' planes.  Do you have a suggestion for me?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 01:07:07 pm »
even though I was able to position the red, green and blue cross hairs on the rear cargo door on the right side, the baggage vehicle still operates about 15 feet behind the airplane, instead of lining up with the cargo door

That can only means you placed incorrectly. There are two cargo doors, so you must place both of them correctly.

I am sure that the cargo door on this 777-300 is in the same location as other software vendors' planes.

That's not the case. Even if the plane type is similar, so you might think a configuration made for one 777-300 should work with another 777-300, different developers will use different "zero" reference points for the airplane, depending how the modeled it, there's no standard. If there was, we wouldn't require a graphical configuration editor in the first place.

So, just be sure you placed all the doors correctly (and if there are some you don't need, disable the door, so no vehicle will appear), and everything will surely work.