Author Topic: Couatl Scripting Engine Error after update **SOLVED**  (Read 12524 times)

Bhavinks

Couatl Scripting Engine Error after update **SOLVED**
« on: November 15, 2017, 11:21:01 am »
Hello, I received a prompt in FSX yesterday to update the Couatl scripting engine which I did after quitting fsx and running the live updater. Since then GSX has stopped working. When parked at a gate at any airport, when I try to invoke the GSX menu, I am getting the following error. I tried this with both the default FSX 737 as well as add on PMDG 737 with the same results.

The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.......

The error repeats every time if I select the option to restart Couatl.

The error log has the following message:

couatl v3.2 (build 3868)
panic log started on Wed Nov 15 15:46:28 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'VHHH', 'User Pos': (22.312642593092754, 113.93467169572095, 11.5256 m, 2.99161 m, 70.32704405532931)}

I have already tried the following after going through some forum posts.

• Downloaded and reinstalled latest stand alone add on manager after disabling Anti Virus/Security software
  • Run FSDT live after disabling Anti Virus/Security Software
  • Uninstalled Add on manager completely and reinstalled add on manager and GSX after disabling Anti Virus/Security software
  • Uninstalled Add on manager completely and reinstalled older version of Add on manager (Which I realized for Pointless since after running GSX installer, it updates it to the latest version)

Not sure what else to try. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:32:00 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Scripting Engine Error after update
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 09:00:27 am »
Hello, I received a prompt in FSX yesterday to update the Couatl scripting engine which I did after quitting fsx and running the live updater. Since then GSX has stopped working. When parked at a gate at any airport, when I try to invoke the GSX menu, I am getting the following error.

I cannot reproduce the problem. I tried the default VHHH with the default FSX 737, and it works just fine.

Could you please post your FSX.CFG file ? Don't post it in a message, but ZIP it and Attach to to a post.

Bhavinks

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 09:11:49 am »
Hello, Fsx.cfg is attached as requested. Thanks for the reply.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 09:18:57 am »
I can't find anything wrong in the FSX.CFG file. Be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

Bhavinks

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 09:31:10 am »
Yes Anti virus is configured accordingly.

I could try to uninstall all FSDT addons and reinstall. Would that be worth trying ? Any particular order you recommend.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 01:24:44 pm »
I could try to uninstall all FSDT addons and reinstall. Would that be worth trying ? Any particular order you recommend.

See if you maybe have the double Addon Manager problem, caused by having run an outdated installer after an updated one. See here for the explanation:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16880.msg119626.html#msg119626

Bhavinks

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 03:18:31 pm »
While trying to troubleshoot, I realized that since I got this error, all my FSDT airports ( I have licensed almost all of them) are missing terminal buildings and in some cases some other objects as well. So I did go ahead and uninstall all the airports as well as GSX and making sure that I have selected the option to remove add on manager. I also cleared out the Add On Manager folder just to be sure.

Then I reinstalled all the sceneries one by one and finally GSX. I am getting the couatl error immediately when I load an aircraft at a FSDT airport. However this time the error file has lot more info so I am attaching that along with screen capture of what I am seeing when loading a FSDT airport (in this case KIAH).

Everything was working well until 2 days ago. Still at a loss to understand what is going on.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 03:36:15 pm »
Are you running FSX:SE maybe ? Do you have/had FSX installed ? If yes, check if you have the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\FSX_SE.CFG file, because from your log it really seems your FSX.CFG is missing the Simobject lines, and FSX is using the FSX_SE.CFG file instead.

Or, your registry keys for FSX are wrong, so our installer added the Simobject line to the non-used FSX.CFG.

Bhavinks

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 03:45:33 pm »
I am using standard Fsx deluxe with SP2. Not the SE version. It is running on Windows 7 64 bit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 04:42:00 pm »
I am using standard Fsx deluxe with SP2. Not the SE version. It is running on Windows 7 64 bit.

Then it must be something else, because you FSX.CFG seems fine, and FSX SP2 will only use that one. The error shows GSX cannot find the jetways for KIAH. Are you SURE your reinstalled both KIAH and GSX ? KIAH jetways requires GSX to be installed and they are surely installed with the GSX full installer.

Bhavinks

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 04:46:43 pm »
Unless the order of installation matters, yes I have surely reinstalled both KIAH and GSX with the full installer. The problem of missing buildings is not limited to just KIAH though, it is with every FSDT airport. On some airports (e.g. KORD) I am seeing the jetways, but no terminal buildings. And the Couatl error is occurring at every airport, not just FSDT airports.

Bhavinks

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 10:08:12 am »
After a frustrating 2 days, I finally figured out and have fixed the issue.

I had run FlyInsideFSX add on program to test out Oculus VR the same day I did the FSDT live update. Turns out that this program created its own fsx_flyinside.cfg file which was obviously missing a few entries. I deleted that file and actually had to uninstall the FlyInsideFSX program as FSX continued to use this config file even if I was not running the program. Only after uninstalling it, FSX reverted to the original fsx.cfg file and now everything works ! It was not a FSDT related problem after all.

I still don't know how FSX knows to use a different .cfg file which is not even named fsx.cfg. Anyway that is a different problem for me to research.

I appreciate your help and apologize about the false alarm. Thank you !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 10:31:54 am »
I deleted that file and actually had to uninstall the FlyInsideFSX program as FSX continued to use this config file even if I was not running the program. Only after uninstalling it, FSX reverted to the original fsx.cfg file and now everything works ! It was not a FSDT related problem after all.

Yes, that explains it.

I still don't know how FSX knows to use a different .cfg file which is not even named fsx.cfg. Anyway that is a different problem for me to research.

I think it's related to how FlyInside works:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/119439-file-not-found-when-trying-to-use-flyinsides-cfg/

It launches FSX itself, and the first time it started, it creates the fsx_flyinside.cfg, which is *derived* from the FSX.CFG which was valid at that time and, since it starts FSX itself, the sim will use the fsx_flyinside.cfg, which is the name of the main .exe process.

In any case, I can see issues if any of your addons makes changes to the FSX.CFG *after* you installed FlyInside, which in this case would prevent it from working, like adding its own Simobjects paths, which is something many addons do ( SODE, UT2, GSX, etc. ).

A proper way to handle this, would by that FlyInside should compare the last modification date of the "real" FSX.CFG against its own and, if the FSX.CFG it's newer, rebuild the fsx_flyinside.cfg file again, taking the new settings from the FSX.CFG and apply its own changes.

bjack43

Re: Couatl Scripting Engine Error after update **SOLVED**
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 02:44:18 am »
I am running FSX Steam Edition and I have been getting the same error as the original post. I'm not very savvy when it comes to computers and was wondering if there was step by step list of things I need to do get the scenery to load when I start FSX Steam using FlyInside. Thanks in advance. If you need any further info I'll be happy to provide it.

rencath

Re: Couatl Scripting Engine Error after update **SOLVED**
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2018, 08:16:16 am »
Hello
I meet since yesterday a problem of compatibility between GSX and a scene recently purchased at France Vfr (Auvergne VFR) for P3dv4.
I enclose two screenshots.
An idea of the solution? Thanks by advance.