Author Topic: Strange SODE issues...  (Read 2789 times)

Ankh

Strange SODE issues...
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:17:16 pm »
Hi all,

Somehow my GSX is buggy since upgrading to v4.1 of Prepar3d. It often tells me "SODE connection lost". I can then restart SODE via P3D menue and everything works as it should. But then, the next time I fire up my sim, again: "SODE connection lost". Interestingly, this only happens as soon as I once ran the "FSDT Auto Updater". When I download the full GSX installer and install it, no issues at all, never the "SODE connection lost" message. Then, some days or weeks later, I run the updater, some files are updated and the next time I fire up P3D, again "SODE connection lost". What's wrong on my side?

Regards
Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange SODE issues...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 02:38:55 pm »
Check that either SODE or Couatl.exe are being correctly closed after you close your P3D session.

Ankh

Re: Strange SODE issues...
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 10:52:31 am »
Ok, interesting hint. Maybe this was the issue. I realized that I always had troubles with "SODE connection lost" if I do some tests, resulting in starting up P3D and closing and again starting up. Probably I was simply not waiting long enough to restart P3D. Yesterday evening, I took extra care, checked that those processes were not running anymore before I restarted P3D and I never got the "SODE connection lost" message... Fair enough :-)