Author Topic: scenery slows 1 fps on final. and sends aircraft into spin.  (Read 3348 times)

fruitycocktail

scenery slows 1 fps on final. and sends aircraft into spin.
« on: November 12, 2017, 11:05:31 pm »
Hello.

Had an issue in LAX this evening.  Strange one this.  and this is on a brand new 8600k and 1080ti.  so its not my hardware

some help definitely needed.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: scenery slows 1 fps on final. and sends aircraft into spin.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 04:31:07 am »
 What are your settings and add-ons?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 02:47:46 pm »
The problem surely doesn't have anything to do with KLAX, especially considering that, from your video, the fps didn't go down immediately or was in any way related to the loading of the airport (you should see ONLY a single pause when the airport loads, and it should happen at exactly 16.0 NM out, and then nothing ), but it seemed more like a progressive slowdown, which is usually more related to memory exhaustion, so Windows might start to rely on swapping on the hard drive, because there was no more physical memory available.

Of course, this would have caused a 32 bit sim to just crash but on a 64 bit sim, instead of crashing, it will use all available memory, including swapping on the hard drive (even a fast SSD is many times slower than real ram) if there's not enough physical memory.

How much physical memory you have ? Were you at the end of a long flight ? If one of the many addons you are using had a memory leak, this would slowly eat up memory, so you might have ended the physical memory at the end of the flight.

You can use the Task Manager to check how much physical memory you have left under the same conditions.

Morten

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 09:18:32 pm »
Most definitely something wrong with this airport! FPS are crawling...0.8
Nothing wrong with rest of your airports (except Hawaii which I don't have installed and don't know about)
What the heck is going on here??!!   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 09:38:08 am »
Most definitely something wrong with this airport! FPS are crawling...0.8

Nothing wrong with the airport, of course. If there was, someone would have noticed it by now, since KLAX has been released years ago.

What the heck is going on here??!! 

As I've said, it's surely related to the airplane. KLAX doesn't even use dynamic lighting so, if this is the usual fps drop associated by DL + too high antialiasing settings, it's caused by the DL on the airplane.

And note that, DL fps impact is affected (and it's different), depending also how much complex the scenery being lighted and from the size of the lights cone and from the antialiasing setting of the sim.

But the first obvious test that should be done, to see if the airport has something "wrong", would be testing with a default airplane.

Morten

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 03:18:12 pm »
I am NOT using LM's Dynamic Light at all and of course I've already tried with the default airplane with the same result!
And as I wrote you, none of your other airports has this problem.

If this is not a common problem I guess perhaps it could be happening to us who have ORBX CA region installed and active. A bad collision here with a particular dense ORBX scenery...