Author Topic: Unrelated Question  (Read 2349 times)

Lude2Envy

Unrelated Question
« on: November 13, 2017, 12:02:58 am »
I guess this question is mainly for Umberto, but if anyone else knows the answer that'd be great. I did a clean install of everything a few weeks ago and I just installed the SSJ KPHL airport. I installed it outside of the P3D route folder and made an add-on.xml file so it'll work. I basically tried to mimic the FSDT setup and it seems to be working fine. My question is, how does the sim know to read the files in the Effects folder. I notice the FSDT Effects folder is outside of the main sim folder, and I did the same with the SSJ effects, but the add-on.xml only tells the sim where the scenery and textures folder are located. Thanks in advance.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unrelated Question
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 10:00:06 am »
You must add the effects folder to the add-on.xml file. Look how we did this in the add-on.xml for the Addon Manager.

Lude2Envy

Re: Unrelated Question
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 04:10:25 pm »
You must add the effects folder to the add-on.xml file. Look how we did this in the add-on.xml for the Addon Manager.

Thank you! One more question if you don't mind. It looks like the SSJ installer places two autogen.bmp files into the main Texture folder under the P3D route folder. Can these be moved back into the PHL\Texture folder? I looked through the SDK samples and didn't see anything about them. Thanks for the help Umberto.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD