Author Topic: reinstall  (Read 5027 times)

Markn

reinstall
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:23:34 pm »
I have purchased KCLT a few months ago with no problem. Now, the airport won't load - I see just flat pavement. When I look in KCLT it says "product installed, trial version". I click "reinstall", re-enter the serial #, but nothing happens.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: reinstall
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 10:49:08 am »
Do you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus under the sim "Addons" menu ? Which simulator you use ?

Markn

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 02:53:43 pm »
Yes I have both the addon Manager and the Couatl menu under Addons. I have P3D v4.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 03:08:37 pm »
Yes I have both the addon Manager and the Couatl menu under Addons. I have P3D v4.1

Then everything is ok with our software, and it's all installed and running normally.

Try to go into windowed mode before selecting the Addon Manager menu. The dialog might be there, but might be simply went behind the sim window.

Also, check you are not using other addons that "steal" the input focus, like addons with their own window that appears on top of fight sim.

And, do not launch P3D from another product, launch it using its own icon, at least during the registration.

Markn

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 03:10:18 pm »
I deleted the KCLT file and attempt to re-download and I get:

"/c:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\couatl.exe
 An error ocurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:
MoveFile failed; code 183
Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

But I've deleted the files from the "add/remove programs" and the download files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 03:18:17 pm »
I deleted the KCLT file and attempt to re-download and I get:

What do you mean with "I deleted the KCLT file" ?? I haven't said anything about deleting files.

But I've deleted the files from the "add/remove programs" and the download files.

You should NEVER, EVER, delete files manually, it will screw up everything!

- Restart Windows. Do it, please.

- Reinstall everything from FSDT, using only the latest installers.

- Do not remove anything. Do only what I said.

Markn

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 03:46:20 pm »
Ok I've restarted windows and reinstalled KCLT. It says:

The airport file Fsdreateam/KCLT/scenery/KCLT_FSDT.BGL has been updated, do you want to overwrite your version?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 05:33:48 pm »
The airport file Fsdreateam/KCLT/scenery/KCLT_FSDT.BGL has been updated, do you want to overwrite your version?

That's entirely normal, and it shows we have a version online of the AFCAD which is newer than the one in the installer. Just say YES to overwrite it.

Normally, we automatically update all files, but for the AFCAD, we ask first, because some users like to make their modifications to it.

Markn

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 05:44:35 pm »
It installed correctly this time! Thanks for your help!! If this would happen again, instead of uninstalling, what is the correct procedure to fix it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 07:37:17 pm »
It installed correctly this time! Thanks for your help!! If this would happen again, instead of uninstalling, what is the correct procedure to fix it?

Reinstalling surely hasn't fixed the first issue you reported, which was the program not doing anything after you inserted the serial number. That could only be caused by either the Couatl program not running (not your case), or another addon stealing the focus, which reinstalling wouldn't help.

Reinstalling was required just to fix any problems you might have caused when you removed that "KCLT file" you referred to, which I'm not sure what really way.

In general, as long as you use our Uninstaller, which is the one that runs when you uninstall from the Windows Control Panel, you should be fine. If you start moving or removing files manually, everything can happen.