Author Topic: Trouble RE-Installing O'Hare  (Read 4451 times)

JerseyFlyer

Trouble RE-Installing O'Hare
« on: April 16, 2009, 05:08:43 pm »
Here's my story:

So about a month ago, I was left with no choice but to uninstall FS9 along with everything that I had with it, and about a week ago I re-installed it.

So last night, I go to install my KORD and KJFK sceneries that I had right? So I download... and when I go to install, I get a message that says "FS9.1 update required", so I say to myself, okay.... so I google FS9.1 update, and i download it, and I install it, but after I install I get a message saying "FS9.1 Update already installed, cancel download." so I'm like  :o, now i have no idea what to do.. I have my serial numbers ready.. i just can't seem to install the software

My OS is Vista Home Basic

wideloadwhitford

Re: Trouble RE-Installing O'Hare
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 06:33:44 pm »
Try deleting your FS9.CFG C:\\"YOURLOCALDISK"\C:\Documents and Settings\"YOUR NAME"\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\fs9.cfg

Or search for it, then after it completes and cant find the .cfg Check the Hidden Files button.
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trouble RE-Installing O'Hare
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 06:35:05 pm »
This has been discussed many times already.

The fact you can't update FS9.1 doesn't have of course anything to do with your O'Hare order, registration, activation and such, and it's not an O'Hare problem, but it's a problem of your 9.1 installation. Our installer simply refuse to go ahead if it finds the 9.1 update hasn't completed properly, because we noted several issues when users have a mix-match of 9.0 and 9.1 files, and they mistakenly put the blame on the scenery, when in fact the issue is that FS9 is not installed correctly.

The issue is that, you probably don't have all the files updated to 9.1, because if any of your files, either the main FS9.EXE or any of the original DLLs in the MODULES folder were modified (for example, by applying a nocd crack or patching FS9.EXE for >2GB ), the 9.1 updater will not work correctly because, being a patcher, it will ONLY update those files that were the original un-modified version as they come from the MS CD.

So, you probably have now a mix-match of versions: some of your files might be from 9.0 and some from 9.1

To get proof of this, check the following files:

FS9.EXE
MODULES\G3D.DLL

right-click on each, select "Properties", select "Details", and check the version number. If it's not 9.1.xxxxx, then you haven't installed the 9.1 properly.

As I've said, to properly update FS9 to 9.1, you need to ensure ALL the MS DLL in the MODULES folder are the original version AND the FS9.EXE as well. The files can be found on the original MS CD, you will need an utility that reads CABs files to extract them, WinRar works fine.

Then, after you restored all the files to the original CD versions, you can remove the BACKUP folder inside FS9, and you can run the 9.1 update again, and it should work.

AFTER you successfully update FS9 to FS 9.1, you can apply any desired modifications to the .EXE, like patching for >2GB of RAM, or applying a nocd.

Then, you can run our installers.

NOTE: if you have an old O'Hare installer, download it again. The more recent versions don't check for FS9.1 by checking the FS9.EXE (because this one is usually modified so, many users have the 9.0 version without realizing it), but it only checks the G3D.DLL file, which is usually never modifed so, it doesn't usually suffer the issue of failing the 9.1 update. So, the current installers will run provided that AT LEAST G3D.DLL IS updated to 9.1