Author Topic: Nothing Shows Up At Louisville KSDF! **SOLVED**  (Read 3321 times)

DLGA

Nothing Shows Up At Louisville KSDF! **SOLVED**
« on: November 04, 2017, 10:21:01 pm »
Hello,

I just purchased Louisville KSDF a little over a week ago and installed it. All anti-virus programs and anything else that could prevent a safe install were TURNED off completely.

This weekend I have attempted 3 times to land at this airport and each time it ends in failure.

First when I am on the final approach I get the pop-up stating that the trial period for this airport has started.

Then, just as I am about to touch down, the pop-up returns and states that the trial period has ended and everything just disappears.

Then FSX crashes!

I then re-started FSX and set it up to start from a gate at KSDF (Which although is supposed to be an actual gate comes up as a parking ramp) and this is what I have:
http://goo.gl/5Eu5V4

I am open to any suggestions from anyone on how to fix this!

This is the only FSDreamTeam airport I am having this problem with.

Really hope to get this cleared up soon.

Thanks in advance.

DLGA
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:42:01 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Nothing Shows Up At Louisville KSDF!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 01:09:40 pm »
The usual question:

- Do you have BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl menu ?

Is the Addon Manager reporting KSDF to be Active ?

You say you purchased it, but nothing in your message says you ever activated it and, in fact, your report of the message saying the scenery is in Trial, seems to confirm this.

However, when in Trial, it should work for 5 minutes, so it's not normal that you don't see the airport when you start there unless, of course, something like an antivirus is preventing the software to run, which is why I asked if you have BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus, since both modules are required for the scenery to run, and this is totally unrelated to the activation, since they are required even if the scenery is in Trial.

DLGA

Re: Nothing Shows Up At Louisville KSDF!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 08:56:20 pm »
The usual question:

- Do you have BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl menu ?

Is the Addon Manager reporting KSDF to be Active ?

You say you purchased it, but nothing in your message says you ever activated it and, in fact, your report of the message saying the scenery is in Trial, seems to confirm this.

However, when in Trial, it should work for 5 minutes, so it's not normal that you don't see the airport when you start there unless, of course, something like an antivirus is preventing the software to run, which is why I asked if you have BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus, since both modules are required for the scenery to run, and this is totally unrelated to the activation, since they are required even if the scenery is in Trial.

Hello Umberto,

Sorry to take so long to get back.

Spent all day Sunday working on FSX checking everything out to make sure it was as it should be.

Yes, at the time that I sent my first message BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl menu were up and working. The addon manager did not show Louisville to be active so I did the action of registering the airport.

It did the same thing again so I removed every item I had in FSX related to this airport and did a new reinstall.

This time it actually worked and the Addon Manager shows that it is registered and made a backup of the registration file for me.

Not sure what went wrong the first few times but everything is working just fine now! :D

Will let you know if anything bad happens again.

DLGA