Author Topic: How to get static UPS aircraft into this great scenery?  (Read 5448 times)

dornier

How to get static UPS aircraft into this great scenery?
« on: November 04, 2017, 04:28:15 pm »
Hi,

In the photos for this product there are many UPS aircraft parked at various ramps.  Is there a setting that I'm missing to have static aircraft parked at the UPS ramps?. 

If not, please point me in the best direction to install UPS aircraft into the scenery.  I'm using P3D V4.

Thanks,

George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to get static UPS aircraft into this great scenery?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 02:27:09 pm »
We never used static planes, because they would require to remove a parking, otherwise they would conflict with an AI and would prevent you to use it.

Here's a thread about AI Traffic addons available in P3D V4:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/512760-p3d-v4-ai-traffic/

I think UPS are included with MyTraffic, but not with UT2/Live.

dornier

Re: Re: How to get static UPS aircraft into this great scenery?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 02:02:43 pm »
We never used static planes, because they would require to remove a parking, otherwise they would conflict with an AI and would prevent you to use it.

Here's a thread about AI Traffic addons available in P3D V4:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/512760-p3d-v4-ai-traffic/

I think UPS are included with MyTraffic, but not with UT2/Live.
Ok, thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bobr

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 08:17:37 pm »
Dornier, I don't know if you've gotten yourself an AI package yet, but wanted to share my recommendation for Ultimate Traffic Live. It does not really come with any cargo carrier schedules and aircraft, including UPS, but they can pretty easily be installed. This past weekend I installed UPS, FedEx, Cargolux, DHL, and a few others.

One thing I realized though is that you do not need to purchase an AI package at all. There are plenty of free AI aircraft and flightplans out there that you can download and install right into FSX/P3D as traffic bgl files. This option requires a fair amount of work on your part though -- finding and downloading airline schedules, aircraft, repaints, etc., installing them all and converting the schedules, then testing to make sure it all works. Very time consuming process, especially at the beginning when you're still hunting down aircraft. With something like UTL or MyTraffic, you just install one piece of software and it's ready to go.

These screenshots below were taken during the day, so the ramps are populated. Keep in mind that these are not static aircraft, but AI aircraft on a schedule. KSDF gets pretty busy with these flights in the middle of the night.

dornier

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 05:06:20 am »
Hi Bobr,

I'm using UTL, but haven't tried installing AI aircraft for UPS due to the workload required.  Hopefully UTL will release a cargo add on soon. 

What part of your install took long?  I would assume installing the AI aircraft is the easy part.

Thanks for the info,

George

bobr

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 11:21:49 pm »
What really took long was having to give myself a crash course on the ins and outs of installing AI aircraft and then muddle my way through figuring out how to do it properly, then finally spending hours upon hours figuring out which AI aircraft to download, where to find them, editing files, etc. Typical modding stuff, I suppose. I've always used AI software, but this was the first time I decided to get into this level of customization so it was all new. The whole thing that led me there in the first place was being dissatisfied with the lack of cargo planes at Louisville and Memphis.

Now that I have my simobjects folder populated with dozens of different AI aircraft recognized by UTL the process of adding new airlines is pretty simple. It's just getting to that point which was a pain in the butt.

I don't know if UTL plans to add cargo or not. I do know they should be releasing the UT powerpack at some point which makes adding new aircraft and schedules much easier and less time consuming than it currently is.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 02:16:28 am »
 UTL includes plenty of Cargo, just not FedEx, UPS and some DHL.

bobr

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 02:55:20 pm »
I suppose it depends on what you determine to be "plenty". Most of the airports I fly in and out of had very empty cargo terminals before I supplemented them with additional schedules. I did come across a handful of cargo operations within the standard UTL schedules, but they seem to be very abbreviated schedules with only a handful of legs or worse, no assigned aircraft.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 09:15:08 pm »
 Most didn't have assigned aircraft, but the plans were still part of UTL. By plenty, I mean that going to places like EHAM, PANC, VHHH, ZSPD, KLAX etc that is was common to see a dozen or more freighters.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 10:11:49 pm »
Many of them didn't have assigned aircraft, but the plans were still part of UTL. By plenty, I mean that going to places like EHAM, PANC, VHHH, ZSPD, KLAX etc that is was common to see a dozen or more freighters.