Author Topic: asphalt black in daytime  (Read 3904 times)

lennie

asphalt black in daytime
« on: November 03, 2017, 12:05:43 am »
Just purchased SDF and MEM today. I have not tried MEM. I do have CLT for a month or more and it works fine! So today, Taxing out from a gate at SDF everything looked fine with daytime set. On the way, everything asphalt turned black, no lines or anything to guide the route. No marking on the runway, nothing but black.

I ran Orbx AEC twice, no difference. Buildings in the distance are ok. Suggestions please!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: asphalt black in daytime
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 12:29:45 am »
You don't say which sim you have but, if you have Prepar3D 4.1, the problem seems to be a bug of the sim when a certain number of addons are installed.

See this thread here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16612.msg118139.html#msg118139

LM is aware of this, and it's confirmed the problem doesn't happen with 4.0

lennie

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 07:27:50 pm »
Hi,

Thanks, i read the comments you suggested. I have not upgraded so running 4.0, maybe its shaders, but i don't know enough about computers to work on that. In addition I have PTA using Matt's preset. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. As i said originally, everything is fine at the gate, push back, and for first maybe 4-5 minutes taxiing - markings are there; then all of a sudden, the taxiways are black, no markings, and same for the runway. I am not using a very complex a/c just the Mooney.

LG

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 03:39:22 pm »
In addition I have PTA using Matt's preset

This is known to cause lots of issues with textures. We cannot guaranteed that anything will work, if you use tools that change the default shaders.

As i said originally, everything is fine at the gate, push back, and for first maybe 4-5 minutes taxiing - markings are there; then all of a sudden, the taxiways are black, no markings, and same for the runway. I am not using a very complex a/c just the Mooney.

Is the scenery active ? Could be the Trial has elapsed ? However, this wouldn't result in black textures, but the whole scenery to disappear instead.

lennie

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 07:53:14 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Today I deactivated FTX Airport Elevation Correction for KSDF, and i thought that solved the problem. I paid for it, therefore not on trial basis. So I taxiied around the airport for a good ten minutes and all was good; then it blacked out again.

Maybe I should deactivate PTA and see if that causes the problem?

Any other suggestions would help. I can't really understand why that happens here, as I also have Charlotte and that airport is just fine.

Lennie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 08:44:34 am »
So I taxiied around the airport for a good ten minutes and all was good; then it blacked out again.

10 minutes surely is not the end of the Trial. It sounds more like a video memory exhaustion/corruption. Possibly driver-related too.

Maybe I should deactivate PTA and see if that causes the problem?

That would be the first thing I'd try, assuming it allows you to restore all the default shaders. We had some first-hand experience with one of our scenery designers that couldn't see textures as they were supposed to be, and it turned out it was PTA.