Author Topic: FSDT Live Update  (Read 3861 times)

Morten

FSDT Live Update
« on: November 02, 2017, 12:50:25 pm »
Hi there

Just want to be sure...
Do I have to hit "FSDT Live Update" manually from time to time - Or will "FSDT Live Update" perform automatically whenever an new update is available? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Live Update
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 12:57:53 pm »
With the latest version, the Live Update will issue a NOTIFICATION there's an update available, but it will be always your choice whether to apply it or not. A check for update is made automatically every 24 hours, or manually if you select the "Check for Updates" option.

And, the Live Update will recognize the kind of update. If it's a minor one, it can apply it without requiring to quit the sim, otherwise (if any of the executables changed), it will suggest to quit from the sim and run the Live Update from the Desktop icon.

Morten

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 01:29:30 pm »
As I understand your answer this update NOTIFICATION will now show up INSIDE the sim for ALL your products (not only for GSX)..?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:36:42 pm by Morten »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 01:45:16 pm »
As I understand your answer this update NOTIFICATION will now show up INSIDE the sim for ALL your products (not only for GSX)..?

Since June, when we changed the Live Update system, it can update *everything* related to FSDT (only what you have installed, of course). But of course, most of the notifications you'll see will be related to GSX, because sceneries are not updated that often.

You can read what's changed, by selecting the "Read the latest release notes" from the Live Update menu.

Morten

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 01:48:15 pm »
Cool, thanks Virtuali  ;)