Author Topic: KLAX taxi sign at gate  (Read 4281 times)

Martyjr

KLAX taxi sign at gate
« on: October 31, 2017, 09:28:05 pm »
Just started using P3Dv4.1

KLAX gate 108 has taxi signs

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX taxi sign at gate
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 09:32:18 pm »
KLAX gate 108 has taxi signs

Our KLAX surely doesn't have any taxiway signs on parkings.

You see them because you have another scenery in conflict. What other sceneries you have installed ? Something from OrbX, or an AI traffic product maybe ?

Martyjr

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 09:37:26 pm »
Yes,

I have ORBX Southern California and I also just started testing Ultimate Traffice Live.

I did not have KLAX with those as far as I know.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 09:58:19 pm »

Martyjr

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 10:05:37 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
I just tested FSX which also has Orbx So. CA and using UT Live.
Also just started using GSX to day in FSX, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 ... GSX looks good.
All ok at gate 108 KLAX

I will check the link you posted now.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

Martyjr

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 10:14:24 pm »
I found this when searching just now ... and, I had run the FSDT Live Update earlier when I installed the new GSX version today. Maybe that caused it?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/511717-fsdt-live-update-orbx-sca-compatibility-fixes-warning/

"I've found that when using ORBX SCA region in P3DV4 with FSDT airports we still must do the compatibility fixes found in the ORBX forums to KLAX, KLAS etc.

The problem is that if you should happen to run the FSDT live update program it will undo all your compatibility fixes and go ahead and overwrite everything. Found this out after I had to run that Live Update to fix another compatibility problem that was going on with Couatl and Aerosoft Twin Otter.

I don't think i will be running that live update anymore unless I'm impacted by a glitch or bug."

I will search Orbx next.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 10:30:40 pm »
That message is old, and if you read the rest of the thread, you would have known that we updated the Live Update to not overwrite the OrbX fix for KLAS anymore, and this was in June. And, the whole thread was about KLAS.

There weren't any problems with KLAX, OrbX and the Live Update but, it's still possible an OrbX AFCAD for KLAX might conflict with it, as discussed in the thread I've linked in my previous post, which refers to some post on OrbX forum related to which files from OrbX must be removed in order not to conflict with KLAX.

Martyjr

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 11:09:50 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
The link I posted mentioned both KLAX , KLAS:
"I've found that when using ORBX SCA region in P3DV4 with FSDT airports we still must do the compatibility fixes found in the ORBX forums to KLAX, KLAS etc.

I went to ORBX forum and did the fix ... turning OFF bgls and tested.
All OK at gate 108 KLAX / P3Dv4.1 now.

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 02:28:26 pm »
The link I posted mentioned both KLAX , KLAS: "I've found that when using ORBX SCA region in P3DV4 with FSDT airports we still must do the compatibility fixes found in the ORBX forums to KLAX, KLAS etc.

But the same thread also said the FSDT Live Udpate never had any issues with KLAX to begin with, only with KLAS. But again, we fixed the Live Update long ago, so it doesn't remove the KLAS OrbX fix anymore.

There wasn't any problem with the Live Update and KLAX, but you STILL had to install the OrbX fix for KLAX.

I went to ORBX forum and did the fix ... turning OFF bgls and tested. All OK at gate 108 KLAX / P3Dv4.1 now.

Of course it works. The problem was always an OrbX issue, which has been fixed by applying the fix from OrbX.