Author Topic: P3D V4 - Gullies and cliffs at airport **SOLVED**  (Read 6780 times)

Flyboyaviation

P3D V4 - Gullies and cliffs at airport **SOLVED**
« on: October 31, 2017, 05:27:28 pm »
Hi there, I bought this scenery a while back but didn't try to fly into or out of it until yesterday. I found it quite strange when I load into it and even more strange when flown into. I have gullies and cliffs all around the airport sometimes with a huge cliff on the runway itself. I have pictures attached but unfortunately none of that with the cliff on the runway. Please help resolve this. Thanks
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:25:26 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D V4 - Gullies and cliffs at airport
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 05:54:03 pm »
Do you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl/GSX menus visible ?

Flyboyaviation

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 01:15:36 am »
Thanks for your reply. Yes I do

Flyboyaviation

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 07:19:53 pm »
Hi there, I've found further issues, I may have installed an incorrect package somehow. I'm missing  runways 18C and 36C. I Only have 36L, 36R, 18L, 18R, 05 and 23. I also have missing runways on the KORD scenery as well but I guess I'll post that on the KORD support page. Actually 18C and 36C are present, this may have just been aivlasoft  efb issue, I guess I can resolve those
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 07:23:57 pm by Flyboyaviation »

Flyboyaviation

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 07:49:15 pm »
Hi Umberto, Yes I do have those menus visible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 12:36:41 pm »
Hi Umberto, Yes I do have those menus visible.

Ok, I wanted to see a screenshot of the buildings, to be sure everything was running, and it is.

Have you set the Mesh Complexity and Resolution as suggested in the KCLT manual, which is 5 or 10 meters/pixel resolution and 100% complexity ? Anything higher won't give you any benefit (there aren't any commercial mesh with a real resolution higher than 5 mt/px), but it might cause artifacts like that.

Flyboyaviation

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 07:34:51 pm »
Yes mesh complexity and resolution are set accordingly. I however did another flight in today and all looked fine until I replayed the landing and the artifacts were still visible. Do you imagine it should resolve itself if I re install. I had some problems with GSX a week or so ago after an update with error massage "GSX not available due to user settings" or something like that, I was able to fix that with a re install

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 11:47:13 pm »
until I replayed the landing and the artifacts were still visible.

The default instant replay is not compatible with objects created dynamically with Simconnect, so no scenery buildings, detailed ground, and no GSX vehicles in replay. Nothing we can do to fix this, and it's not just an FSDT issue, but affects equally all sceneries using similar methods, like those using SODE for objects, for example.

Flyboyaviation

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 12:25:45 am »
I understand GSX and dynamically created objects do not appear in replay but I doubt this is the issue here. However I may have figured it out, I'm guessing it's ORBX Vectors issue, I have just experienced similar at a default airport scenery and turning vectors off completely resolved that. Trouble now is KCLT isn't available in vector elevation correction to be disabled. Is there a way around this please.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 12:29:03 am »
I understand GSX and dynamically created objects do not appear in replay but I doubt this is the issue here.

You said the scenery appeared to be normal, until you started the reply, that's why I assumed you might not be aware of this issue.

Trouble now is KCLT isn't available in vector elevation correction to be disabled. Is there a way around this please

Have you verified that turning off Vector, like you did to test the case of that default airport, also fixed the issue at KCLT ?  If yes, I'm afraid the only way out is asking OrbX to verify this and add KCLT to the their elevation correction tool.

Flyboyaviation

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 12:35:59 am »
Good point, I'll turn off vectors now and report back. Thanks for all your assistance.
PS: I used the elevation correction to resolve the default. Since KCLT isn't listed in the tool, I'll test with vectors off completely
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:38:21 am by Flyboyaviation »

Bingo41

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 12:15:17 am »
Virtuali,

I have the same exact issue this person has in P3D V4.

After installing, and prior to activating, the scenery looked as expected. And when P3D was running, and I clicked on the Pull-Down menu "Add-ons," the following were showing:

- SODE 1.5.3
 - Couatl
 - Addon Manager

However, after activating the scenery, the scenery degraded to the image shown at the top of this thread. Again, with P3D running, I clicked on "Add-ons," only the following were now showing:

- SODE 1.5.3
 - Addon Manager

In the process of activation, the scenery changed and I lost Coutal pull down choice.

Bill Clark

Bingo41

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 12:29:38 am »
Update

I went ahead and installed KORD, O'Hare and I got the Couatl module back, activated KORD and the scenery looks ok.

However, when I switched while in P3D to KCLT Charlotte, Couatl disappeared. When I switched back to KORD, Couatl was missing but the scenery at KORD looks good.

But when I shut down P3D and restarted it again, and selected KORD, then Couatl appeared in the pull down menu.

Bill Clark

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 01:23:08 am by Bingo41 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2017, 11:48:01 pm »
You don't say if you installed GSX, which is required (and it's free to use) by all our sceneries that use SODE.

Bingo41

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 06:31:34 pm »
Hi,

Yes, I had not yet installed GSX. However, when I did, the scenery issue went away.....discovered the solution in another post aftermine

Problem solved.

Bill Clark