Author Topic: Possible texture issue at JFK?  (Read 4982 times)

dawgfan58

Possible texture issue at JFK?
« on: October 27, 2017, 01:47:47 am »
Hello, I"m running the latest version of P3D v4.1. This is what a ground texture looks like. settings close to max for all areas. Any ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/1scve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Possible texture issue at JFK?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:00:48 am »
I don't see anything wrong with the texture. Just be sure your texture resolution in the sim is set at 4096x4096.

trisho0

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 10:07:16 pm »
Can't find the right Topic FSX thread to place my question regarding on possible texture at KJFK runway. To make it easier to show the sinking tires on ground I loaded a car instead of an aircraft. The issue is exactly the same. Tires sinking on Tarmac but on runway surface is fine. It looks like the Tarmac (yellow and white coats) is too high from runway pavement. This issue doesn't occur with other airports. Any solution so far?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 01:06:36 pm »
Can't find the right Topic FSX thread to place my question regarding on possible texture at KJFK runway. To make it easier to show the sinking tires on ground I loaded a car instead of an aircraft

There's nothing to fix, and it's how all our sceneries are made, in order to have good fps and not being slowed down by legacy FS8 code. They are made with layers slightly raised to prevent flickerking. Such a minor elevation difference is to be expected.

When we'll release our first really native P3D4-only airport (KORD V2), this won't happen anymore. JFK is likely to be the next candidate for a full P3D4 native remake, after the release of KORD V2.

trisho0

Possible texture issue at JFK at night from FSX?
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 04:48:58 am »
I load FSX, FSDT KJFK starting at night in Gate 847 with PMDG 777 and I do the same later with P3Dv4. From FSX I can see a weird yellow firing light on floor at front of the aircraft which is non realistic. From P3Dv4 the same scenario is normal. What can be changed to remedy? By looking at screenshots one is FSX with the issue and the other one is P3Dv4 showing normal.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 10:58:11 am »
The issue is, what you are referring to "normal", it's in fact a problem of dynamic lights of the airplane not showing up in P3D for some reason, maybe because you turned them off.

The "normal" screenshot, is the FSX one and it's just too strong landing lights coming from the airplane.

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 03:19:50 pm »
The issue is, what you are referring to "normal", it's in fact a problem of dynamic lights of the airplane not showing up in P3D for some reason, maybe because you turned them off.

The "normal" screenshot, is the FSX one and it's just too strong landing lights coming from the airplane.
From P3Dv4 Dynamic Lighting is activated. How to make FSX looking the same as P3D or closer to that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 09:09:48 am »
From P3Dv4 Dynamic Lighting is activated.

Then there must be some kind of problem, since they are not showing up.

How to make FSX looking the same as P3D or closer to that?

But they are working in FSX, why you want to introduce the same bug you have in P3D ? See the attached image, which shows dynamic lights are showing correctly in P3DV4 at JFK, using the default A321.

As I've said, the problems seems to be your airplane simply has very strong lights, that's nothing the scenery can do about it.