Author Topic: New state - Overnight stop  (Read 4328 times)

Wolf0

New state - Overnight stop
« on: October 26, 2017, 12:03:19 am »
Hello.

Since we have big changes coming to GSX I'd like to input/request something which I believe is rather simple to implement: a "Overnight stop" state.

My vision is that on completion of the last leg of the day, after we request to "disembark passengers", we'd be provided with this option that would pull back on the cargo loaders, passengers stairs and jetbridges. Just like it's done in real life for all aircraft that spend their nights on an airport somewhere.

I think that this would provide a sense of completion that would encourage finishing the "secure the aircraft" checklist and seeing the last door closing. Currently all we can do is a "reset position" where all vehicles vanish.

Best regards,

Pedro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New state - Overnight stop
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 05:51:49 pm »
Noted.

Wolf0

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 01:22:03 pm »
Hello.

Since I've suggested this feature nearly half a year passed and GSX evolved a lot in between! We're even almost getting our passengers.

Is there any news regarding this simple request? Will you consider it for the GSX Level 2 implementation? [the ability to order the vehicles to move back, doors to close and jetways to disconnect like when an aircraft is left at the gate for the night]?

Best regards,

Pedro Carvalho

paulwain

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 02:11:51 pm »
If anything i would prefer to save the aircraft attached to stairs\ jetty when you save the flight, instead of requesting it every time you load the sim  ;D

cowings1588

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 11:31:34 pm »
only one issue I see with it.. alot of aircraft are left with jetways attach & everyone else goes back inside break room until next flight or in gsx manners, backs up and pull away and disappear as you said..  other than that your spot on..
COA
Bill

DreamSkywards

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 06:02:45 pm »
Let me also put my vote behind this feature. It would be great to see service vehicles and jetways detach at the press of a button in the GSX menu, the "overnight stop", as this topic named it.

An "airport editor" might also go along with it well. Once the jetways and service vehicles are detached, instead of just disapearing, they might go to selected points you set in the "airport editor". Following predefined routes on the afcad, or the taxiway lines until they reach their resting points.

Wolf0

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 01:48:15 pm »
Just a little *bump*!

Since Umberto is doing a lot of changes at this time, is it possible to have this feature in the near future?