Author Topic: Missing jetways at KLAS  (Read 3158 times)

tkemp66

Missing jetways at KLAS
« on: October 23, 2017, 07:50:47 pm »
Please tell me what on earth is required to make these jetways appear? I'm running P3Dv4.1 and your latest version of KLAS. One day it works fine and another day they just disappears. Earlier today when I started the entire KLAS, the scenery was completely missing. Addon manager indicated that KLAS was installed and active. I had addon manager rebuild the scenery cache but it did not work. I had to exit P3D and re-run FSDT Live update just to get the scenery to appear again (as in the picture)...but this time, No jetways. In fact, I have to re-run FSDT live update at least once a week to correct scenery issues and at least twice in the last week I had to uninstall and reinstall most of your scenery. I am not sure what is going on but hoping someone here can help me. It literally takes me almost two hours to correct a problem before I can start flying. I never had issues before prior to v4.1, but so for its driving me crazy!!

Troy
Troy Kemp

tkemp66

Re: Missing jetways at KLAS
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 11:14:05 pm »
So I uninstall - reinstall and now the gates are back. But this is nothing new since I had to do this a few times before before. However, what I noticed is that after P3D loaded, I still had no jetways, and then about 2-3 minutes later, the jetways loaded. I am not sure why this took so long. What I did do was had SODE rebuild its stuff from within the sim. I never knew that existed, which is cool, but I'm bothered that the jetways took more than a minutes to load. So at this point, I'm not sure if I triggered it to load after letting SODE rebuild or whatever. Is this normal?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 06:23:36 am by tkemp66 »
Troy Kemp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing jetways at KLAS
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 08:14:24 am »
It's not normal that jetways take so long to appear.

Maybe there's a problem with the Simconnect communication, such another addon sending so many commands (weather engines sometimes cause this), because GSX will send a list of the jetways to SODE when you enter the airport using Simconnect, andthis shouldn't normally more than a second, but might have been slowed down (never seen something like this), because the communication channel was overloaded by other addons, so GSX and SODE didn't had enough priority to connect.

That's the only possible explanation I have, following your report of jetways eventually appearing after a while, which indicates everything is installed and is running.