Author Topic: search bar!!!!  (Read 3468 times)

DavidGee

search bar!!!!
« on: October 23, 2017, 12:33:56 pm »
@virtuali we do need an internal search bar or something similar its just impossible that every time a small window pop out and 20 min to search a gate, if not, doing a mistake searching the parking/gate u got the wrong one and u have to do it all over again!!!

I think its possible c'mon year 2017... maybe SDK doesn't let do this sort of thing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: search bar!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 02:15:09 pm »
I really don't understand you message.

What do you mean with "20 min to search a gate" ??? I takes only a couple of seconds, and it's obviously way easier and faster than using the regular "Go To Airport" menu, because that one would force you to scroll through a list of ALL parkings, while the GSX menu groups parkings by terminal, reducing the number of items to search.

DavidGee

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 02:34:33 pm »
I really don't understand you message.

What do you mean with "20 min to search a gate" ??? I takes only a couple of seconds, and it's obviously way easier and faster than using the regular "Go To Airport" menu, because that one would force you to scroll through a list of ALL parkings, while the GSX menu groups parkings by terminal, reducing the number of items to search.

I forgot to mention one particular thing, when you land and need the gate ready without scrolling window to window, this is what I mean, not when u start a scenario :) as u are saying...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 02:40:31 pm »
when you land and need the gate ready without scrolling window to window, this is what I mean, not when u start a scenario :) as u are saying...

There's no difference whatsoever between searching for a gate after landing and before starting a flight: the menu is exactly the same, and it surely doesn't take "20 minutes", but just some seconds, I'd say surely less than 20 seconds to find your gate.

And no, the SDK does NOT provide your assigned gate through Simconnect so, assuming you were asking if it could be possible to preselect automatically the gate that has been assigned by the ATC (and of course, it wouldn't be useful at all if you are flying online with a human controller), then no, it's not possible right now using the official SDK.

mroschk

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 07:18:28 pm »
i think he mean that, when you will arrive at a bigger Airport, you have a lot of gates, but
you have only 10 on one site of the window where you can select your gate.
So it Needs a bit of time to "scroll" thru the sites to find the Gate you are searching for.

But ( for me ) a search Funktion makes no sense because ou can select the gate for arriving
bevore you land in about ( i think ) around 20NM distance to the Airport.
So you have enough time to find your gate.