Author Topic: GSX Pushback Logic Question  (Read 1789 times)

ocjr

GSX Pushback Logic Question
« on: October 19, 2017, 03:01:15 am »
I love how GSX works and the more advanced pushbacks are always fun to watch. I do have a question about the logic for pushback on some specific airports.

I know that one can put in custom pushback locations, but I always feel like the aircraft is pointed the wrong direction. For example:

I am sitting at gate G91 at SFO, a gate that really only has one way in and one way out. In real life, the aircraft is pushed back the way it comes in and then is turned 180 degrees to line up with the taxiway for departure. Every time I have tried to do something like this it accomplishes the pushback but not the final 180-degree turn and I end up pointed in the wrong direction.

Is there a way to adjust to allow for this or is this just a limitation of GSX? I am fine either way and if it is a limitation perhaps future versions of GSX might be able to better model this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pushback Logic Question
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 09:42:23 am »
Doing unusual Pushbacks with the current GSX version is a combination of the Pushback node you selected and the AFCAD used, because right now, GSX can only use an existing AFCAD node as a reference node for Pushback.

And, GSX doesn't support pulls right now.

About your specific case, it might or might not be possible to simulate it, using a combination of custom node AND AFCAD editing (adding nodes just to drive the GSX pushback), it's difficult to say without a better checking.

However, both the following features are planned to be added:

1) The ability to specify a custom pushback over nodes not related to the underlying AFCAD

2) The ability to pull. This will allow both an even more complete customization, but also things like transferring from gate to gate.

The two features put together, should be able to simulate every kind of Pushback possible.