Author Topic: UPPER LEVEL CARGO HANDLING  (Read 2315 times)

starseed

UPPER LEVEL CARGO HANDLING
« on: October 18, 2017, 07:25:10 pm »
 I did a search with no results. Why is there no cargo handling on upper level aircraft?
I know cargo will only do 2 loaders at a time, however if I disable one lower cargo handler assign the upper level as "MAIN" cargo it still does not work. Are there aircraft cfg. file some where to copy ?
specifically the PMDG= MD-11 ,744  QW 752, CS 763 all have upper cargo bays gsx ignores them. What are these new cargo handling feature on the recent release? I'm no expert Please help.

P.S. only saw a post about GSX not doing Nose cargo on the new PMDG 747 QSII

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: UPPER LEVEL CARGO HANDLING
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 10:05:25 am »
The Main cargo door, at this time, is only operational at the KSDF UPS Cargo Stands. We added an option to edit the Main Cargo door in the editor, for the following reasons:

- In order to let users configure other airplanes to use the KSDF Cargo Stands, but they must still have a forward cargo door, otherwise they will just crash into the building, if we tried to align the *rear* cargo door of a 747 to the cargo loading platform at KSDF.

- To allow having a specific entry in the airplane configuration for the left cargo door, without forcing users to forego one of the other doors. Yes, right now, GSX still supports only 2 loaders, but we are planning to have the 3rd loaded to be added soon so, it will require a separate cargo door specification.

the PMDG= MD-11 ,744  QW 752, CS 763 all have upper cargo bays gsx ignores them

At this time, GSX will use such cargo doors ONLY at the KSDF Cargo Stands, but only for the ones having a *forward* cargo door, like the 757, the 767, and MD11 and the A300.

When we'll add support for the 3rd loader, you'll see all 3 working together, without having to renounce to one of your 2 lower doors, as it was until now.