Author Topic: Couatl shut down  (Read 9348 times)

glw03

Couatl shut down
« on: October 18, 2017, 07:19:41 pm »
When parked at SDF cargo gate and requesting boarding, the cargo loader moves in, I open the doors and approx. 10-15 seconds later I get an error an addon is causing couatl to shut down.  I downloaded and installed new stand alone manager and ran FSDT live update. I am attaching the log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl shut down
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 10:07:56 am »
Your error log seems to indicate you haven't run the FSDT Live Update. Yes, you said you have but, it's possible some files were still outdated on your local server so, try again.

Just to be clear, the FSDT Live Update I'm referring to, is the one you start by clicking the "FSDT Live Update" ICON on the Desktop, not the "Live Update" menu under the "Addons" menu in the sim.

glw03

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 12:44:13 pm »
will do

glw03

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 01:53:27 pm »
OK, tried that.  downloaded addon manager/FSDT live update.  still have same issue.  I have not yet tried to board a 757 passenger aircraft to see if the jetway still disappears after the updates.  I will try that later.  attached is screenshot of error and log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 09:15:46 am »
I can only confirm the previous reply: your error log seems to indicate you haven't run the FSDT Live Update.

Maybe something in your system is blocking the update, like a firewall or an antivirus. Try to disable all of them, and run the FSDT Live Update again.

glw03

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 01:17:25 pm »
I disabled Norton and tried again.  Same error. Log is attached.  Have you found a reason why the jetway disappears when using QW757?

I noticed this in the log. Error: no model of type GsxCargoLoaderMan installed

glw03

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 02:12:05 pm »
I had a thought about Malware so I disabled Malware Bytes.  Still same problem with the cargo loader BUT the jetway didn't disappear when I lined up with a QW757. Apparently the jetway issue is resolved.

glw03

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 03:47:11 pm »
OK, now I am really confused.  just tried to board a QW757 and guess what, jetway disappears again!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 12:37:28 am »
I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate the problem, and nobody else has ever reported the problem. Are you sure you are not also getting an error report ?

I noticed this in the log. Error: no model of type GsxCargoLoaderMan installed

THIS can ONLY happen if you haven't run the FSDT Live Update, there's no other explanation for this and, I suspect the only possible explanation, is that some antivirus/firewall is blocking the Live Update from downloading the files.

The error is causing GSX to stop, and when it stops, it's likely that jetways (that are created by GSX too) will disappear. But the issue is, you shouldn't even see the error to begin with, because it happens only if you have a mix-match between old and new files.

Meaning, the Live Update was prevented from updating, for some reason. Most likely, antivirus/firewall.

glw03

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 06:53:09 pm »
I think I should uninstall both GSX and the stand alone manager and reinstall both.  Maybe something is corrupted in the directories.  Your thoughts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 08:29:45 am »
Installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager is totally redundant, since there's nothing there which is not already included in any of the full installers, and the Live Update is able to update everything.

The only single case when you might need to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, is if you want to fix problems caused by using OLD installers, those that didn't use the new shared (between FSX and P3D) directory structure so, basically, something older than June 2017, when P3D V4 was released.

If you ran an old installer AFTER you had all your FSDT/Flightbeam stuff migrated to the new folder, installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager should be able to re-migrate the product installed in the old way, to the new folder structure, without uninstalling and reinstalling everything. And note that, installing a new full installer again, like GSX, will obtain the same effect.

Bert Groner

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 09:56:59 am »
Good morning...

The same issue here at position D-10 of Worldport seen with FS X and QW's 757F. After the first shut down I installed the Standalone Addon Manager as recommend and let it run.

Here is the situs just before the crash:

https://www.fsmagazin.de/download/Justbeforecrash.jpg

And here is error message...

https://www.fsmagazin.de/download/Couatl-error.jpg

...and here is the log:

couatl v3.2 (build 3852)
panic log started on Mon Oct 23 18:08:14 2017

problem raised by addon cargoLoader.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\cargoLoader.py", line 650, in loadPlatformFunc
  File "couatl\common\modelCustomization.py", line 377, in getModelForCouatlType
common.modelCustomization.NoModelInstalled: No model of type GsxCargoLoaderMan is currently installed
{'Airport': 'KSDF', 'Requested assistance services at': 'UPS Worldport Ramp 1|Cargo Stand D10', 'User Pos': (38.17544443382013, -85.73819999475171, 155.728 m, 2.90701 m, 158.3537927411622)}

Hope you will find a solution.

Thanks!

Bert

P.S. Does anyone knows a cargo plane with a loader door located like at the 757 for P3D v4.x right now?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:37:38 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 01:43:20 pm »
The error seems to indicate you haven't run the FSDT Live Update, which is supposed to be started automatically by every FSDT installer, including the Addon Manager so, under normal conditions, it's not possible to end up with outdated files.

We suspected the antivirus might be responsible and, in fact, after this user report, of an antivirus mistakenly blocking the UPDATER, because it thought it was dangerous:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16716.0.html

It seems to confirm the issue. It's possible that, the Updater is being blocked only if it has been started by an installer, but not if you run it manually so, try to run the FSDT Live Update from the Desktop icon, when the sim is not running.

I also suggest to add the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus exceptions.

P.S. Does anyone knows a cargo plane with a loader door located like at the 757 for P3D v4.x right now?

During testing we used:

- Thomas Ruth A300-600F

- SkySpirit 767-300F

Their configuration has been added in the GSX internal database, so they can be used as they are.

Bert Groner

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 02:29:31 pm »
Thanks Umberto - as well for the hints for freigthers...

Some minutes ago I terminetad Kaspersky and restarted FSDT Live Update (as before). Then I run FS X again - with the same result as described above.

The couatl.err.txt just stated this:

couatl v3.2 (build 3852)
panic log started on Thu Oct 26 14:27:34 2017

problem raised by addon cargoLoader.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\cargoLoader.py", line 650, in loadPlatformFunc
  File "couatl\common\modelCustomization.py", line 377, in getModelForCouatlType
common.modelCustomization.NoModelInstalled: No model of type GsxCargoLoaderMan is currently installed
{'Airport': 'KSDF', 'Requested assistance services at': 'UPS Worldport Ramp 1|Cargo Stand D10', 'User Pos': (38.175444434010814, -85.73819999483543, 155.728 m, 2.90701 m, 158.353793034486)}

I tried it the next time with Kaspersky on - no change.

Any idea? Obvious the "GsxCargoLoaderMan" is lost and will not installed by FSDT Live Update. With or without a anti virus suite running.

Thanks again!

Bert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 05:42:51 pm »
Some minutes ago I terminetad Kaspersky and restarted FSDT Live Update (as before). Then I run FS X again - with the same result as described above.

I'm sorry but, I can only repeat and confirm the only possible reason for this problem, is the Live Update wasn't able to download the required files. It might not be the antivirus, but also a firewall.

Run the FSDT Live update again, and try to disable the firewall too.