Author Topic: GSX and FSDT Airports  (Read 7028 times)

DaveH

GSX and FSDT Airports
« on: October 18, 2017, 03:27:00 pm »
I have purchases KORD and KJFK sceneries.  Were working perfectly until I downloaded free version of GSX to try out at these airports before buying.
Now I don't have terminals at either of these airports.  I tried uninstalling GSX but that did not help.
When I first went to these airports, I got the attached error log.

How do I reinstall KORD and KJFK so they will work ?  I have AddOn Manager.

Dave Hinson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and FSDT Airports
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 03:48:56 pm »
If you purchased KORD and KJFK a while ago, and never updated them (we had a big update in June), you must:

- Uninstall GSX, KORD and KFJK

- Download and install the updated installers for KORD and KJFK

- Reinstall GSX, KORD and KFJK

DaveH

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 12:26:12 am »
Did as recommended - no luck - still the same couatl engine error.

Nothing installed from FSDT except KORD.

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 09:46:18 am »
Did as recommended - no luck - still the same couatl engine error.

Your log seems to indicate the problem is either your antivirus, or you haven't downloaded and installed the latest GSX because, your Couatl version reported in the log shows it's version 3829, which is several months old.

Assuming you are entirely sure you are downloading the latest GSX installer, and you are installing *that* one, the only possible explanation is the antivirus is preventing the installation of the latest Couatl (which of course is included in the installer).

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". This will remove everything from the old version.

- Disable the antivirus

- Be sure you are installing GSX using the *latest* installer

- Reinstall GSX.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.

DaveH

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 09:42:54 pm »
OK Umberto - I have uninstalled all FSDT programs and files.  I have disabled my anti-virus.  Now I will install KORD, KJFK, Addon Manager, and GSX. Is there any particular order that I should install them in ?

KORD and KJFK were both installed earlier (3/1/17) and worked fine (after some similar problems were worked out ).  Only after I installed GSX did I have problems with the airports.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 09:09:14 am »
Is there any particular order that I should install them in ?

No. If there was, I would have said so.

The only thing you must be sure, is that you use the latest installers for all of them. If you install anything coming from an older installer *after* you install something with the current one, you'll surely going to have problems.

DaveH

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 12:36:12 pm »
Finally got everything working properly.  Uninstalled all FSDT products, shut down anti-virus and reinstalled all (as suggested).  Only strange thing was that KORD was installed first, and I got couatl problems again.  But then I installed KJFK and everything worked OK for both.  Does each installation load couatl.exe  over old version ?  Could be answer to my problem, in that ORD couatl.exe was problem, but JFK overwrite loaded a working one.
GSX also working fine now.

Dave Hinson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 03:51:50 pm »
Does each installation load couatl.exe  over old version ? 

Every FSDT installer will run the FSDT Live Update at the end, and the updater will download the latest version of everything so, regardless of which version of every file the installer might have included, it will always be updated to the latest one so, regardless of the installation order, it's not possible to end up with an outdated file.

This, of course, assuming everything is working correctly, meaning you don't have antivirus/firewalls blocking the update, and that you used recent installers (released after June 2017, when we change the Live Update system) for everything.

FireCapt

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 12:52:45 pm »
hey Umberto,
I having the same issue this morning.  Going to try what the OP did to correct it.  ;D

update: it didn't work, all oc my FSDT airport and GSX are in trial mode.  Umberto, can I trouble oyu for a teamviewer session sir to fix this?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 01:03:29 pm by FireCapt »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 01:22:40 pm »
update: it didn't work, all oc my FSDT airport and GSX are in trial mode.

Please clarify if you are really in Trial mode, which means every airport working fully for 5 minutes and GSX working full at Trial airports only, of you just don't see any scenery and no GSX, which doesn't mean "Trial mode", but "software not running".

Umberto, can I trouble oyu for a teamviewer session sir to fix this?

If we cannot fix it otherwise with the forum.

Please confirm if you:

- Have the Addon Manager menu

- Have the Couatl/GSX menu too

- Are missing one of them (which one), or both.

FireCapt

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 06:25:22 pm »
Umberto,

I restored my Windows Build back to the previous one, and everything works again.   I forewarded my findings to Mircrosoft and paused the updates for a bit.  :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 09:51:13 pm »
That's good to hear, although it was very strange. It could be only something external to our software, and in fact it was.

FireCapt

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 12:53:15 am »
hey Umberto ,
I found something in the simmconnet log that might be of interest, when the couatl.exe was working it was on Version 3.2.0.3874.  today when I tried it, it is on version 3.2.0.3868 

would that make a difference?
that's even after running the live update servera times.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 08:41:01 am »
I found something in the simmconnet log that might be of interest, when the couatl.exe was working it was on Version 3.2.0.3874.  today when I tried it, it is on version 3.2.0.3868 

3.2.0.3874 is the current version which is online now, so that's what you are supposed to get if you run the Live Update (from the Desktop, when the sim is not running, which is the only way to update the running executables).