Author Topic: Parking  (Read 7945 times)

tman41291

Parking
« on: October 18, 2017, 02:43:06 pm »
Not that this is urgent, but i felt maybe it could fit in the support section. Is there anyway or anything that shows the parking spots and size aircraft it supports? I know that may be a little far fetched but just curious. Nothing that I have googled and navigraph charts so the actual numbers, just ramps thats it. I mainly just want ramp 11 as I have came across somewhere that stated ramp 11 is where 747 are usually parked.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 03:50:29 pm »
The latest GSX version (which is required by KSDF anyway), now indicates how many parkings are suitable for your airplane in its gate selection menu.

Also, the parkings in the ramp 11 are currently missing, but we are adding them now.

tman41291

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 05:19:08 pm »
Perfect! I just couldnt see the list i guess because i was departing out of KSDF and loading into a parking spot so GSX wasnt showing me that menu. Reason I was curious about this is because i cant load from the side door of the 747 as gsx thinks thats a pax door
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:26:36 pm by tman41291 »

Wise87

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 09:15:42 pm »
Can’t wait until Ramp 11 is ready. Please let us know when to update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 09:49:33 am »
Reason I was curious about this is because i cant load from the side door of the 747 as gsx thinks thats a pax door

GSX doesn't think it's a passenger door.

The Main Cargo door is recognized as a proper cargo door, and with the latest GSX, we added the ability to set it independently from the other cargo doors. Before, you were required to forego one of your right cargo doors and move it to the left, now the Main cargo door has its own separate entry.

Right now, it's used only at the KSDF UPS Stands, which will use it automatically, but ONLY if the airplane is one that can use the cargo stand as such, so it must have a forward main cargo door, which excludes the 747 or the 777.

The next GSX update we are already working on, will finally allow for a 3rd Cargo Loader, dedicated to the Main cargo door, so you'll be able to use it everywhere ,with any airplane that has one (a 747 won't still be able to use it at the UPS Cargo Stands though), with 3 loaders working at the same time.

This was all planned, but we didn't want to delay the KSDF release further, so we left out the 3rd cargo loader from GSX, but it will arrive fairly soon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 06:19:22 pm »
We just released an update for GSX today, which finally allows to have 3 Cargo Loaders at the same time, so the Main Cargo Door will work at every airport, provided is properly configured in the airplane configuration.

Also, we updated the KSDF AFCAD too, with the parking areas missing from the initial release.

To get both updates, just run the FSDT Live Update from the Desktop Icon, and be sure you reply YES to the question about updating the KSDF AFCAD.

Wise87

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 06:19:59 pm »
Now that GSX 2.2 is released does this mean will see the KSDF additional parking soon?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 09:01:43 pm »
Now that GSX 2.2 is released does this mean will see the KSDF additional parking soon?

Quoting from my previous post:

Also, we updated the KSDF AFCAD too, with the parking areas missing from the initial release.

Wise87

Parking
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 12:30:22 am »
Thanks for the quick updates 😀
I read it so fast I completely missed that line.

tman41291

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 12:10:01 am »
Thanks umberto! Great job!!

kityatyi

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 11:57:23 pm »
Hi Umberto,
I am wondering how to find the exact parking spot in KSDF Ramp 11 as there are no ground markings that show where exactly to park. I am sure it's like this IRL but I am still finding it hard to know where to turn off the yellow taxiway line to come to a halt at the right position. Also, when I warp the aircraft to let's say Position 1 Ramp 11, the tail end of the aircraft basically makes it impossible for other aircraft to taxi past. Do you happen to know how it is done in KSDF as the lack of markings on the ground in Ramp 11 make it a tough one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 11:18:29 am »
I am wondering how to find the exact parking spot in KSDF Ramp 11 as there are no ground markings that show where exactly to park.

That's why we have a Marshaller in GSX...

kityatyi

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 03:05:57 pm »
Cool!