Author Topic: Unable to install KSDF to try **SOLVED**  (Read 3489 times)

Johnliem

Unable to install KSDF to try **SOLVED**
« on: October 18, 2017, 10:58:53 am »
Hello

As usual before I buy an airport I install it first to take a look of the airport, so this is my issue, when I install it, it keep hanging at registering file and I got the fsdt live update on my desktop,  when I start P3D V4.1, I check on AddOn manager I see that KSDF installed not activated  that is fine.

if I go to the scenery I do not see that KSDF installed,

and when I go to my C drive see that KSDF installed , then I start P3D and go to KSDF, I can see that KSDF not installed as I see a default airport, so something going wrong by installing this airport (it keep hanging at registering file and)

could you tell me what to do before I buy this airport, thanks
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:15:09 am by virtuali »
Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, Nvidia RTX 3090, DDR4 4000 128GB, P3D V5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to install KSDF to try
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 11:02:29 am »
when I start P3D V4.1, I check on AddOn manager I see that KSDF installed not activated  that is fine.

If the Addon Manager says it's installed, then it's installed.

if I go to the scenery I do not see that KSDF installed

Maybe you assume it's not installed, because you see it greyed out ? That's normal in P3D V4.

and when I go to my C drive see that KSDF installed , then I start P3D and go to KSDF, I can see that KSDF not installed as I see a default airport, so something going wrong by installing this airport

Do you have the Couatl and GSX menus under the "Addons" menu ?

Johnliem

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 12:19:26 pm »

Maybe you assume it's not installed, because you see it greyed out ? That's normal in P3D V4.

Yes I know that

Do you have the Couatl and GSX menus under the "Addons" menu ?

Yes
Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, Nvidia RTX 3090, DDR4 4000 128GB, P3D V5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 04:11:13 pm »
You said the Addon Manager reports the scenery as being installed, but then you posted the screenshot cut, so I cannot see if it really does. The scenery will always be present in the list, just because the Addon Manager knows about it, but it will either read "Installed" or "Not installed in the Scenery Library" below that list, the part you cut out from your screenshot.

Looking at the other screenshots (since you cut out the only important bit of information I asked for) it seems you have installed all the FSDT sceneries, except KSDF.

Johnliem

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 07:08:44 pm »
?it is fixed now,The errors are caused by the external software which is preventing the installer.