Author Topic: GSX1.9.9.11 P3Dv3.4  (Read 3417 times)

tdenbrock

GSX1.9.9.11 P3Dv3.4
« on: February 10, 2017, 05:12:53 pm »
Every since I installed the latest version and I recently installed KMEM P3D. I get a CTD with an message telling me another SODE is already running. Close the SODE in Task  manager and restart your computer.. I have no Idea where that is in the Task manager. I have since removed P3D and reinstalled and everything is working fine. Now that I installed the GSX update again and installed another Add-one I get that same above message and now P3D CTD again. I'm not sure why the SODE platform was ever installed along with the GSX update but it's the main problem. How do I delete the Platform or not even have it installed with the GSX Update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX1.9.9.11 P3Dv3.4
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 11:40:28 am »
It's possible another addon has installed SODE in another folder. P3D has TWO location from the XML files to start addons:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V3
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V3

And both XML files are read. Check your EXE.XML files from both locations, and be sure you don't have SODE listed in more than one place. It's best if you leave only the copy in %PROGRAMDATA% and remove the one from %APPDATA%

tdenbrock

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 04:32:02 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  I have chose not to install the latest update, It causes to  many problems... All I use GSX for is pushback anyway and I'm ok with that. Never had any issue before until this recent update... Until this issue is completely resolved  (SODE) I will no longer update.....

V/r

Tom Denbrock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 10:13:34 pm »
I have chose not to install the latest update, It causes to  many problems...

The latest version doesn't cause any problems. Every problem reported so far, was caused either by outdated FSUIPC, antivirus, and in a few cases corrupted downloads due to too many connections on the server, but they are all fixed now.

Until this issue is completely resolved  (SODE) I will no longer update.....

You don't understand: the issues cannot be "resolved" by anyone except you. SODE surely doesn't place TWO copies of itself in the XML files, so either you added it manually, or you had a very early version of it, one that came with another product, when SODE USED to install itself into the %APPDATA% folder.

We DO NOT change or set the SODE configuration. We simply launch the SODE installer as it is.

So, in order to fix the problem, which doesn't have anything to do with GSX, but is caused by your double SODE installation:

Check your EXE.XML files from both locations, and be sure you don't have SODE listed in more than one place. It's best if you leave only the copy in %PROGRAMDATA% and remove the one from %APPDATA%

tdenbrock

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 02:07:46 am »
I never installed SODE. What ever Platform is used that comes with the new update has caused this problem. I have always updated the latest updates in GSX but never has it installed an addition program Platform. Every since this was installed it has caused nothing but issues with my P3D.. Please take no offense

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 11:42:35 am »
I never installed SODE.

Then another scenery (not FSDT) you installed have installed it. Several scenery developers started used SODE earlier than us, and back then, it used different folders, that's why you have two copies of its configuration lines in the EXE.XML file.

What ever Platform is used that comes with the new update has caused this problem. I have always updated the latest updates in GSX but never has it installed an addition program Platform. Every since this was installed it has caused nothing but issues with my P3D.. Please take no offense

You STILL don't understand. Your reported problem doesn't have ANYTHING to do with GSX. We DO NOT control the SODE installation, we only launch the current version of its installer.

The problem you are having, is because ANOTHER product (you said it wasn't you, so it was another product, for sure, but NOT GSX) has installed an older version in the folder that SODE *used* to use in older versions.

We DO NOT try to "fix" older SODE installations from our installer: it would be *wrong* if we tried to do that, because, as I've already said, you might have got SODE from another developer scenery, and it we tried to "fix" its installation, we could caused problem to those product.

So, the only obvious and correct choice, is not trying to do anything, and just launch the SODE installer AS IT IS.

So, again, to fix your reported problem, which doesn't have anything to do with GSX, but it's just a result of a double SODE installation from BOTH the locations used by P3D to read the XML startup files, you can simply remove SODE from ONE of the two locations, so it won't try to be started twice.

As I've said already (twice), remove the lines from the EXE.XML file under %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V3

captainoftheship

sode update
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 06:41:56 pm »
I updated my video card and went to Windows 10 today 10/20/17.  Have recovered all FSDT programs.  GSX is "Active" in the Add on Manager.
Downloaded GSX from the site.  Will not load because SODE file (1.41) is outdated.  Where do I go to remove this file, or update so GSX will reload?
If the SODE file was included in an update - I missed it.

Thanks - wonderful programs

Richard H

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: sode update
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 12:25:34 am »
Where do I go to remove this file, or update so GSX will reload?

The same message from the GSX installer which is telling you it cannot install because you have an outdated SODE, also says that SODE can be located in the Windows Control Panel, referenced as "Simobjects Display Engine".

This is how you uninstall every Windows program.

If the SODE file was included in an update - I missed it.

The very latest SODE is included in the GSX installer so, there's no need to download it but, you must uninstall the old version first.