Author Topic: No GSX when P3D4.1 loads  (Read 4184 times)

Terblanche

No GSX when P3D4.1 loads
« on: October 16, 2017, 03:48:07 pm »
P3D4 starts up. You wait until everything settles down and press Ctrl + F12 ...... nothing appears (no window).
You go to "Restart Couatl and Rebuild Airport Cache" >> then it does its thing and voilĂ  everything works 100%

P3D4.1 is installed as well as GSX 2.1
I've run FSDT LIVE UPDATE but it's still disabled when you load P3D4

Any reason or fix for it?
Terblanche Jordaan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No GSX when P3D4.1 loads
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 03:53:32 pm »
I've run FSDT LIVE UPDATE but it's still disabled when you load P3D4

What is Disabled ? The Live Update or GSX itself. The Live Update is run from the Desktop icon, when the sim is NOT running.

Terblanche

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 04:01:01 pm »
GSX is disabled when you load P3D4.1 and after "Restart Couatl and Rebuild Airport Cache" everything works 100%
I'm aware of LIVE UPDATE only works from desktop without P3D4 running.
Terblanche Jordaan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 04:12:39 pm »
I cannot reproduce this.

The "Restart Couatl and Rebuild Airport Cache" is only required is GSX for some reason failed to detect a change in your scenery library but it will always work, although it might not point to the right AFCAD if you just installed a scenery or removed a file.

Have you maybe turned down the Verbosity slider to the minimum ? Maybe GSX is trying to tell you something, but you don't see the message, because you turned off all the messages.

Terblanche

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 04:39:21 pm »
Okay, I'll turn her on and maybe she will tell me what she wants ....
#storyofmylife
 :)
Terblanche Jordaan

sticky1202

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 01:49:35 pm »
This just happened to me after the last live update, both at my departure airport (LIRF), and arrival airport (FSDT KORD).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 04:12:55 pm »
This just happened to me after the last live update, both at my departure airport (LIRF), and arrival airport (FSDT KORD).

It's not very clear what do you mean with "the last Live Update".

If you mean you ran the Live Update when we released KSDF and the new GSX update, the most likely issue is that you didn't got all the latest files, because your local update server wasn't still fully synchronized with the master server so, you only had to run the Live Update again, maybe waiting a couple of minutes.

If, instead, you mean the last Live Update we released a couple of hours ago, to fix a problem with some doors not opening at KSDF, that's really strange, since we haven't touched any file related to GSX, just 2 objects at KSDF.

DavidGee

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 06:49:34 pm »
@virtuali https://imgur.com/a/ToE5y can u explain me this? i even done the update but it doesn't work

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 07:59:20 am »
@virtuali https://imgur.com/a/ToE5y can u explain me this?

It means you haven't disabled it manually, so your issue is the one that you haven't run the Live Update instead.

i even done the update but it doesn't work

Yes, it does. Do it again.

Terblanche

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 04:02:02 pm »
@virtuali - I was able to find out why the 'problem' occurs ... it happens the moment I change some settings (e.g change loading time of pax or distance for push-back). Next time I load GSX it doesn't load airport cash automatically and then I need to do it manually from drop-down menu. When I uninstall GSX and reinstall with default settings, it will do its thing as normal. I have no idea what the one has to do with the other.
Terblanche Jordaan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 12:32:20 am »
Next time I load GSX it doesn't load airport cash automatically and then I need to do it manually from drop-down menu

Please clarify this sentence.