Author Topic: KCLT frame rates poor  (Read 3425 times)

aldaffern

KCLT frame rates poor
« on: October 16, 2017, 02:59:01 am »
Hi folks, I am using FSX-SE, GSX and My Traffic pro 6.0a. the Frame rates get slow and choppy on approach at around 1000 ft to the ground and gate, getting worse the closer I get to the buildings. Same for take off. My frame rates are usually around 30 to 50 but at KCLT they are in the 25 or less. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Allen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT frame rates poor
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 09:09:31 am »
My frame rates are usually around 30 to 50 but at KCLT they are in the 25 or less. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Allen

- You don't say which airplane you use. Memory-hungry airplanes can cut the fps in half, especially in FSX

- Have you tried with traffic at 0% ? Doing this, will at least tell you if the loss of fps is caused by the scenery or by the AI.

Also, in the KCLT scenery there's a configuration menu (the YouControl menu), which is accessed by pressing CTRL+F12. Two options there can help you with fps if you turn them off: the "Ground Traffic" and the "3D Cars on Parkings".

And, in the Addon-Manager, you can also control the objects loading distance with the "Anti pop-up" setting. The default for FSX is 2, which we consider a good compromise between smooth flight and fps. If you raise it, there will be less loading pauses, but less worse fps. At 1, you should get the best fps, but more stuttering.

aldaffern

Re: KCLT frame rates poor
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 02:10:35 am »
Thanks so much for getting back with me, I mostly fly the default 738. I worked with the information you gave me and I think it's as good as I can get it with trial and error. My frame rates hold around 30 and a few split second pauses here and there. At this point I think it will be ok. Your great! Thanks again. Allen