Author Topic: Quality Wings **SOLVED**  (Read 5735 times)

glw03

Quality Wings **SOLVED**
« on: October 15, 2017, 09:53:01 pm »
When using QW 757 aircraft, I get an error message at the cargo gate stating "Aircraft not positioned properly"  When attempting to use a passenger version, as soon as I select Request Boarding, the Jetway disappears.  this only happens with the Quality Wings 757.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:42:32 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Quality Wings
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 09:39:29 am »
Be sure GSX is using its internal configuration, by checking the airplane configuration page. If it doesn't, use the "Reset" button to undo all your changes and revert back to the default one.

glw03

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 01:01:28 pm »
Is the attached what you are talking about?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 01:14:03 pm »
Is the attached what you are talking about?

Yes, it show you are using a custom configuration, which will override the internal data from GSX. But there's another issue: if you are using the passenger version, which shouldn't be used at the cargo stands.

So, use the Freighter version, and be sure you RESET the GSX configuration, to remove the one you made, and the Cargo Stand will work properly.

glw03

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 07:22:41 pm »
I reset the GSX configuration.  still have the same problem.  Also, the airport option to open the UPS cargo doors does not work. I get a screen message that the doors are opening but they are not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 07:56:07 pm »
I reset the GSX configuration.  still have the same problem

Please check again the airplane configuration page, and confirm GSX is using the internal configuration that comes with GSX. If GSX is using its internal configuration then, as the message says, you simply haven't parked accurately enough.

Also, the airport option to open the UPS cargo doors does not work. I get a screen message that the doors are opening but they are not.

The option works, but not at some gates. We are fixing this, but it's not really relevant to your issue.

glw03

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 10:02:14 pm »
The issue with the 757 cargo works but only if I select the cargo ramp by pressing ctrl F12 and making a selection.  if I just use FSX to place the aircraft at a random cargo ramp, I get the same message of aircraft not parked correctly.  Also, the cargo doors seem to be working now. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 10:42:25 pm »
The issue with the 757 cargo works but only if I select the cargo ramp by pressing ctrl F12 and making a selection.  if I just use FSX to place the aircraft at a random cargo ramp, I get the same message of aircraft not parked correctly.

Well, of course it's like that!

FSX doesn't know anything of the carefully programmed custom stopping position of the scenery which are set in the GSX customization file that comes with the scenery. It will just place the airplane in the middle of the parking...

When you use the GSX "Warp me" feature, it will immediately move the plane in the same position you were supposed to park had you taxied manually and followed the Mirror docking system indications correctly so, it will work in both cases, and this position will result in the airplane Main Cargo door always aligned to the loading platform, regardless of the plane used.

Provided, of course, the Main Cargo door location has been set correctly in the GSX configuration.

glw03

Re: Quality Wings **SOLVED**
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 12:40:45 pm »
OK thanks.  I'm still having trouble with the jetway disappearing when using the passenger QW757.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Quality Wings **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 12:41:38 pm »
I'm still having trouble with the jetway disappearing when using the passenger QW757.

That seems a bit strange, we'll check this.