Author Topic: Sode Unavailable  (Read 12404 times)

lifendet

Re: Sode Unavailable
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2017, 04:20:03 pm »
Anymore help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 11:07:12 am »
The whole thread has all the help you could ever need in solving this issue. Please read it again, and follow all suggestions.

lifendet

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 10:47:40 pm »
I did and none of it helped if you read my replies.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 09:24:09 am »
But since, as I've said, these are the only know troubleshooting steps to fix SODE not starting, you probably have a different problem in your system, possibly missing libraries. The point is, it's nothing related to GSX, so you might try the SODE support forum:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?forum=support

alpha3

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2018, 01:28:51 am »
Umberto -
Before deleting all FSDT products, I too had the same issues with SODE and the same responses from you. I then went to the SODE developers, and they told me it was an issue with FSDT; a frustrating viscous circle that never solved itself. Do yourself (and the products) a big favor and either offer the user the option to use CTRL-J for jetway operation, or remove SODE integration all together. There are deep compatibility issues with the product that no one seems to be able to solve. In the end, the user buys the product from you, and integration of SODE was your decision, therefore fixing it is your responsibility.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 02:28:33 pm »
I then went to the SODE developers, and they told me it was an issue with FSDT;

You are replying to a thread that, as the user reported, clearly indicated HIS issue couldn't possibly have anything to do with GSX, since HE wasn't able to run SODE, not even by installing manually.

This doesn't necessarily mean YOU have the same problem so, if you think your issue is different, then please open a new thread with a proper description and report, and we'll try to follow similar troubleshooting steps, to assess if your issue is indeed different or not.

Do yourself (and the products) a big favor and either offer the user the option to use CTRL-J for jetway operation, or remove SODE integration all together.

We don't have any plans to return to the old bugged Ctrl+J jetways, since SODE works very nicely.

There are deep compatibility issues with the product that no one seems to be able to solve

I don't really know what you are referring to. If you have issues with products, open a new thread, with a proper title and a proper issue report, and we'll help and will try to understand if the issues are really a problem of the products and not, as it usually is, a problem caused by other conflicting addons or other software conflicts in your system.

In the end, the user buys the product from you, and integration of SODE was your decision, therefore fixing it is your responsibility.

Which is what we always do. But you cannot expect we could fix everything related to a 3rd party FREE utility which is used by several OTHER developers too, even well before we started using it. We can only collect reports and feedback, and eventually suggest them (IF they are indeed real issues) to SODE author, and hopefully (IF they are something that requires fix on SODE's part), they might be eventually fixed.