Author Topic: P3Dv4 crashes after installing KSDF  (Read 3890 times)

Peter M

P3Dv4 crashes after installing KSDF
« on: October 15, 2017, 01:38:12 am »
Hi,
I purchased/installed KCLT and KSDF yesterday. Initially everything ran well. But after restarting the flightsim it crashed immediately after the setup screen. I remember this had happened before after I had installed some very old FSX scenery, so I checked out the new installs. KCLT is fine, as are all the other/many products I have from your group. I managed to get the P3Dv4 running, by first deactivating KSDF in the Program Data/ Lockheed Martin/Add-ons.cfg file. I have uninstalled/reinstalled KSDF several times, including after downloading the setup file a second time. Live Update has also been run several times. If I make KDSF active, the flightsim will again crash, even though I am starting with the default KVPS and not KDSF.
Hope you can suggest a solution.
Best regards
Peter M

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3Dv4 crashes after installing KSDF
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 03:17:05 am »
The crash doesn't have anything to do with KSDF, which works fine, and nobody ever reported a problem with it.

However, there are reports that under certain conditions, if you have many airports installed using the add-on.xml method, the sim might crash so, it wasn't KSDF that caused the crash, just that you added another scenery, so you might have reached a threshold where this issue happens. It might also depend on what the other add-ons added with their own add-on.xml files.

There are some reports on the LM forum, and the only pattern seems to be that users with a crash had several sceneries added with the add-on.xml method, but it's almost impossible to troubleshoot this, without looking at all the addons installed, their add-on.xml file, what kind of paths they added, etc.

Try to disable other addons, at least to confirm that KSDF is not the problem.

Have you installed P3D 4.1 ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 03:36:13 am »
Here's a link to the relevant topic on LM forum:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126017

The user that started the thread, reported exactly the same issue as you have, a CTD after installing a scenery (not KSDF), and then the thread goes on, suggesting there might be a problem that happens only after having added a certain number of addons.

Peter M

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 04:05:26 am »
Hi Umberto,
Firstly, thank you for the very prompt reply.
You were correct regarding the XML number. I have 19 of which 18 are your products (no wonder my bank account is low!), the other is for SODE. Deactivating one item has everything running - so my limit is 18.
In regard to the P3D version, I am still on v4.0, due to a limited monthly data allowance. However, I am currently downloading v4.1 and will let you know if this makes a difference.
Best regards,
Peter M

Peter M

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 06:25:05 am »
Hi Umberto,
As per my previous note, I have now updated to P3Dv4.1. The XML limit, at least on my setup, is still 18. Obviously, I will not be using this number in one session, so will just need to pre-plan.
Best regards,
Peter M