Author Topic: Unable to operate jetway **SOLVED**  (Read 6325 times)

ManojYadavKp

Unable to operate jetway **SOLVED**
« on: October 14, 2017, 07:36:14 pm »
Hello,

I am using FSDG VOBL which supports SODE jetways but I'm unable to use it properly. If I use the SODE menu to connect the jetway, it connects but after that when I start using GSX services, the jetway resets it position. If I go to the SODE menu again, it says all aircraft doors are already served.

Now if I don't use the SODE menu to connect the jetway, and try to use the GSX menu to operate the jetway, it says SODE is unavailable, Jetways will not animate.

Please advice.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:14:51 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to operate jetway
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 11:11:50 pm »
I don't know that scenery but, according to some users, some 3rd party sceneries that use SODE jetways works perfectly well with GSX, but some don't.

However, GSX is calling into SODE in the same way, for all 3rd party scenery, it doesn't really know how that particular scenery has been made, and it gets the list of available jetways from SODE.

When you see the message that SODE is unavailable, do you still have the SODE menu under the "Addons" menu bar ?

ManojYadavKp

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 06:28:47 am »
Yes, I have SODE under Addons.

I found a flow to have the jetways and GSX working. So I have to call GSX deboarding/boarding first and then the jetway using the SODE menu and it works. Any other order like calling the jetway first and GSX next resets the jetway.

DLGA

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 07:19:11 pm »
I don't know that scenery but, according to some users, some 3rd party sceneries that use SODE jetways works perfectly well with GSX, but some don't.

However, GSX is calling into SODE in the same way, for all 3rd party scenery, it doesn't really know how that particular scenery has been made, and it gets the list of available jetways from SODE.

When you see the message that SODE is unavailable, do you still have the SODE menu under the "Addons" menu bar ?

Hi Umberto,

I am also experiencing this problem.

I have both GSX (latest version I assume) and SODE v1.5.3 installed.

I just purchased FLIGHTBEAM STUDIOS KSFOHD that uses SODE and when I try to operate the jetways GSX says SODE is unavailable, jetways will not animate.

BUT SODE says "[SODE] JETWAY CONTROL SYSTEM is up and running (N=0)! Module Version 1.5.3"

It doesn't make any difference in which order I try I still get the same results.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Gary
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:30:39 pm by DLGA »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 10:14:54 am »
First, be sure you use ONLY GSX to call for SODE on a specific session, or use ONLY SODE. It's best and easier if you use only GSX, because GSX will communicate both the stand and the precise coordinates of the door to SODE.

If you do something like docking the jetway using the SODE menu, then undock them with GSX, it will not work, since there's currently no synchronization of the current jetway status between the two so, if you began a jetway operation with GSX, you should finish it with GSX, and if you began it with SODE, you must finish it with SODE. We are discussing with Jeffrey (SODE author) to add this feature, so this won't be a problem anymore in the future.

I just purchased FLIGHTBEAM STUDIOS KSFOHD that uses SODE and when I try to operate the jetways GSX says SODE is unavailable, jetways will not animate.

Does the same jetway, with the same airplane in the same position animate if you use only the SODE menu to dock it ?

Is the GSX configuration for that airplane correct ? A difference between calling SODE from GSX and calling SODE directly, is that if you call it from GSX, the data about the airplane door will come from the GSX configuration, which is usually more precise, assuming the configuration is correct in the first place.

ManojYadavKp

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 12:12:12 pm »
Just to give an update, the scenery got an update for its SODE files and it had something to do with the naming of gates in the SODE XML and now the jetways work fine using GSX for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 12:30:38 pm »
Just to give an update, the scenery got an update for its SODE files and it had something to do with the naming of gates in the SODE XML and now the jetways work fine using GSX for me.

We found the issue, and it was caused by having docked the jetway with SODE and undocked with GSX, or vice-versa. The next update will fix the issue, so you could do this too, although using from GSX is surely easier (you don't have to select the gate twice)

DLGA

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 08:53:03 pm »
First, be sure you use ONLY GSX to call for SODE on a specific session, or use ONLY SODE. It's best and easier if you use only GSX, because GSX will communicate both the stand and the precise coordinates of the door to SODE.

If you do something like docking the jetway using the SODE menu, then undock them with GSX, it will not work, since there's currently no synchronization of the current jetway status between the two so, if you began a jetway operation with GSX, you should finish it with GSX, and if you began it with SODE, you must finish it with SODE. We are discussing with Jeffrey (SODE author) to add this feature, so this won't be a problem anymore in the future.

Does the same jetway, with the same airplane in the same position animate if you use only the SODE menu to dock it ?

Is the GSX configuration for that airplane correct ? A difference between calling SODE from GSX and calling SODE directly, is that if you call it from GSX, the data about the airplane door will come from the GSX configuration, which is usually more precise, assuming the configuration is correct in the first place.

Hello again Umberto,

Sorry to have taken so long to get back but shortly after my last message I had to do a system restore thanks to an infamous Microsoft update and in the process it seems to have removed my SODE installation.

So to make sure, I re-downloaded and installed SODE and now everything seems to be working correctly!

I tried it out on various sceneries, FSDT, FLIGHTBEAM, Taxi2Gate and LatinVFR and it seems to be working perfectly. I only tried using the GSX command so I will try directly from SODE later.

Not sure exactly what made it start working correctly but I wont complain!

Thanks again for your help.

Gary