Author Topic: P3d v4.1 problem  (Read 10400 times)

somiller

Re: P3d v4.1 problem
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 07:09:53 pm »
You mean to tell me that 2 days after the update was posted, the server network was still not completely updated...wow, is it a dial-up server network?

Are you implying all the files weren't available when I ran 1st pass live update, but 15 minutes later when I ran the second pass, they were magically available? That would mean I have the worst luck of virtually anyone on the planet. 2 days after file post to the network, and I picked the wrong time to update by 15 minutes...do you really expect us to believe that?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but have you actually done a file compare on the server nodes to confirm those files weren't available...simple matter of checking file dates.

somiller

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 07:20:37 pm »
Out of curiosity, I just ran live updater again (3rd) pass, and noticed a couple of files downloaded...so I assume that means after 2 update passes, and almost 3 days after files were posted to your server network, live update is still finding files that weren't available.

SERIOUSLY?

Sounds like it's time for a different server network.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 08:00:44 pm »
You mean to tell me that 2 days after the update was posted, the server network was still not completely updated...wow, is it a dial-up server network?

That's not what I'm telling you, of course.  The time it takes to be updated it's quite short, but that doesn't mean every server checks for updates with the same frequency.

The DNS was just an EXAMPLE, this doesn't really have anything to do with DNS, but the Cloudflare network works in a *similar* way.

That would mean I have the worst luck of virtually anyone on the planet. 2 days after file post to the network, and I picked the wrong time to update by 15 minutes...

That's what happened. Which is clearly proven by the fact that, of MANY THOUSANDS of GSX users, only an handful of them reported this problem. If the Live Update really had a "problem", it should have affected everybody, and the forum would have been flooded by reports.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:09:18 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 08:04:02 pm »
Out of curiosity, I just ran live updater again (3rd) pass, and noticed a couple of files downloaded...so I assume that means after 2 update passes, and almost 3 days after files were posted to your server network, live update is still finding files that weren't available.

SERIOUSLY?

No, it simply means that we have posted OTHER updates in the meantime! There were several very minor things and, as usual, we fixed all of them, and we added a couple of more liveries that were requested in other threads.

Are you trying to say now that we shouldn't continually post updates, as soon as issues are reported ?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:09:58 pm by virtuali »

somiller

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 08:14:03 pm »
Which is what I expect caused the issue in the first place...some of the files causing this issue were not included in the first post to the server...that's all we needed to know...not that we're idiots that don't know how to use live update, or "all the files were there it was just poor luck for me they hadn't been replicated at my server node.

I would argue the reason thousands haven't seen this problem, is that the files missing did not affect the airports they have used so far. Just so happened KLAS is one for which files were not available.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:15:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 08:21:38 pm »
Which is what I expect caused the issue in the first place...some of the files causing this issue were not included in the first post to the server...that's all we needed to know...

No, this is NOT what caused the issue if, with "issue", you are referring to the "GSX has been disabled" error. This could ONLY be caused by a mix-up between old and new files, because your local node didn't got all the files. Are you now trying to say I'm lying to you ?

We posted OTHER updated files after the release to fix OTHER issues, not this one.

not that we're idiots that don't know how to use live update

Nobody said this, you are making this up.

all the files were there it was just poor luck for me they hadn't been replicated at my server node.

All files were there, and it was just poor luck for you they hadn't been replicated at your server node. That's exactly what happened.

I would argue the reason thousands haven't seen this problem, is that the files missing did not affect the airports they have used so far. Just so happened KLAS is one for which files were not available.

Who said it affected only KLAS or the supposedly "unavailable" files belong to KLAS ? The topic is closed.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:24:03 pm by virtuali »