Author Topic: P3d v4.1 problem  (Read 10393 times)

smx55

P3d v4.1 problem
« on: October 13, 2017, 06:12:58 pm »
GSX has been disable on this airport by user setting....I keep getting this after p3d 4.1 update

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3d v4.1 problem
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 06:20:04 pm »
The update cannot cause this. You must have selected the "Disable" option from the GSX menu (the one under the "Addons" menu ). Just select "Enable" to re-enable it.

smx55

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 06:26:26 pm »
It is not disable, I disable it and re-enable with no luck. This is a new install after update no setting where touched

wsmeier

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 06:30:16 pm »
I saw the same thing earlier today after running Live Update. Running Live Update a second time has cured the issue for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 06:33:48 pm »
The Live Update re-enable GSX exactly as if you were doing it from the menu. It resets the disable = 1 flag in the [GSX] section of the Couatladdons.ini file, back to 0, which is the default.

wsmeier

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 06:36:39 pm »
There was no option in the menu to enable, only to disable. In fact, all the GSX menu options were present except for "Customize airport positions." Disabling and re-enabling didn't fix it. During the second Live Update, a large number of files was updated, which for whichever reason did not occur during my first Live Update earlier today.

srcooke

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 06:41:28 pm »
I saw the same thing earlier today after running Live Update. Running Live Update a second time has cured the issue for me.

Thanks that was the only resolution to work here.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 06:45:25 pm »
During the second Live Update, a large number of files was updated, which for whichever reason did not occur during my first Live Update earlier today.

It's normal that you would see a large number of updated GSX files that didn't arrive earlier: we just updated it about an hour ago, to support the newly released KSDF.

What's not normal is that you didn't had the "Enable" option. The only possible explanation for this, is that you installed something exactly in the middle of the update *while* we were uploading, so you might have had a mix-up of old/new files for a while, which the 2nd Live Update fixed, when the server was updated completely.

wsmeier

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 06:51:24 pm »

What's not normal is that you didn't had the "Enable" option. The only possible explanation for this, is that you installed something exactly in the middle of the update *while* we were uploading, so you might have had a mix-up of old/new files for a while, which the 2nd Live Update fixed, when the server was updated completely.

That was my guess: that the first Live Update was incomplete because you were still in the process of uploading files. In any event, all's well now.  :)

smx55

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 06:58:19 pm »

That did the trick! Thanks

p3dx3

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 09:16:50 pm »
I just got this, had to run auto update twice also

MELKOR

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 10:53:35 pm »
Yep, same here as well, and I was not doing anything else during the update process. Running Live Update a second time resolved the issue.

So, clearly there's something wrong with Live Update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 11:06:47 pm »
So, clearly there's something wrong with Live Update.

There's nothing "wrong" with the Live Update. It's just a matter of how such server-based system works.

In order to make it as fast as possible, it originally sourced on Amazon AWS, but that's just the start.

To make it even faster for everybody, we have the Cloudflare Distribution Network on top of it, which is a large array of servers, all automatically cloned, distributed all over the world, in order to be sure that every user will always get the fastest download possible, from the Cloudflare node closest to him:

https://www.cloudflare.com/network/

Counting all our products, we have ten of thousands of files (our Simobjects folder contains more than 10.000 files...), so it's really not possible that, when some file changes, it could be *immediately* replicated over a network of 118 servers, and at the same time for everybody.

Because of the large update we had with GSX and KSDF, it's possible that someone might have gotten mixed-up files, because his own Cloudflare node was still replicating the "master" server on Amazon.

That explains why running the Live Update again, fixed the issue, because that node eventually got synced completely, so the Live Update was able to realize there were still files that had to be updated.

If we tried to run on a single server, file updates would be immediate, but it will just crash each time we would make a big release, exactly as it happened when we released KMEM, which brought down our old server to its knees, so people got corrupted files, which resulted in crashes in the sim.

So, we changed everything for KCLT, and used a way more powerful infrastructure, simply because we outgrew the old one.

somiller

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 05:40:20 am »
How do you explain that I experienced the exact same problem, but I didn't run live updater until 10/15/17 after about 7:30 p.m. US EDT? I think the posts above are correct, something about the structure of your current updates REQUIRES a second pass of live update... after first pass of live update I got "GSX is not available at this airport because of user settings."

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 09:03:08 am »
How do you explain that I experienced the exact same problem, but I didn't run live updater until 10/15/17 after about 7:30 p.m. US EDT?

That your local Cloudflare node, of the 118, was later than others getting the latest files.

I think the posts above are correct, something about the structure of your current updates REQUIRES a second pass of live update...

No, it doesn't. If it did, we would have hundreds of reports of this by now. Instead, we have only very few of them, so it's clearly just those getting a less frequently updated server.