Author Topic: V4.1 FSDREAMTEAM Scenery entries grayed out  (Read 2186 times)

jfail

V4.1 FSDREAMTEAM Scenery entries grayed out
« on: October 13, 2017, 05:04:42 pm »
I just installed P3D v4.1.  All is well however all FSDREAMTEAM entries in the scenery library are checked but "grayed out".  I downloaded the latest addon manager and live update, ran them, it downloaded a lot of data but the entries are still grayed out in the scenery library.  Also I know in the past we had to exclude bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe from being scanned by anti-virus software.  I cannot find either of those files on my HD anymore, is that step still required?  

Thanks for any guidance.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:10:19 pm by jfail »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: V4.1 FSDREAMTEAM Scenery entries grayed out
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 05:15:06 pm »
As discussed in many other threads, like this one:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16274.0.html

It's entirely normal that a scenery installed in the native P3D V4 way, will be greyed out in the Scenery Library, which is a way the sim is telling you that scenery is not loaded from the scenery.cfg, but from an add-on.xml package file, which is the suggested way to install sceneries in P3D V4 and, of course, it's nothing specific to FSDT, but it has been used by other developers, at least those that updated their installers to support the new system.

As explained in the other thread, the sim UI doesn't allow you to rearrange sceneries added this way (keep in mind that airports should always be on top), so you should either rely on installation order, and install all airports last, after any other scenery that can potentially conflict with them, such Global scenery areas, or use the free Lorby Scenery Organizer utility, which let you rearrange areas added this way.