Author Topic: Zurich and Geneva cause P3D V4 to freeze before loading screen  (Read 5325 times)

p3dx3

Zurich and Geneva cause P3D V4 to freeze before loading screen
« on: September 21, 2017, 09:28:44 pm »
Upgraded to P3D V4 but old scenery cause P3D to freeze before the loading screen after selecting a flight. Removed the folders in my documents with the addon xml and P3D does not freeze. All your other scenery almost I have installed but Geneva and Zurich do not work. What can I try to fix?

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Zurich and Geneva cause P3D V4 to freeze before loading screen
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 10:20:09 am »
There's no problem whatsoever with Zurich and Geneva, and they work just fine in P3D V4 here, as you can see from the attached screenshots.

What kind of AI are you using ?

A very common issue is that an issue with a corrupted AI file/texture, result in a crash only on some specific airport, which will disappear if the airport is removed, just because (due to different parkings and airline codes) the offending AI doesn't appear anymore with the default scenery. This can easily mislead you thinking the airport might have a problem, but it doesn't.

You can confirm this by reinstalling the airport and set all AI traffic to 0%. If the crash goes away, you can be sure it was an AI.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 06:26:22 pm »
There's no problem whatsoever with Zurich and Geneva, and they work just fine in P3D V4 here, as you can see from the attached screenshots.

What kind of AI are you using ?

A very common issue is that an issue with a corrupted AI file/texture, result in a crash only on some specific airport, which will disappear if the airport is removed, just because (due to different parkings and airline codes) the offending AI doesn't appear anymore with the default scenery. This can easily mislead you thinking the airport might have a problem, but it doesn't.

You can confirm this by reinstalling the airport and set all AI traffic to 0%. If the crash goes away, you can be sure it was an AI.

No AI traffic at all

0% AI, 0% boats/cars'

The freeze happens with some other scenery like uk2000 and some old scenery for fsx I try using in v4.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 09:39:39 am »
The freeze happens with some other scenery like uk2000 and some old scenery for fsx I try using in v4.

If it happens on other sceneries, at least we know for sure it's not a problem of Geneva or Zurich. But the issue is, I still cannot replicate it. Could be it's related to some settings, like the scenery or autogen complexity ?