Author Topic: Please Update KORD Scenery  (Read 22681 times)

amarcus9

Please Update KORD Scenery
« on: October 12, 2017, 12:12:34 am »
Please update the KORD scenery. In real life there are 6 parallel east/west runways and in FSDT there are only 3. I love the scenery but would like it to be a little more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Please Update KORD Scenery
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 09:01:16 am »
I suggest to check the forum. There has been countless of discussions about this, and we confirmed several times we are working on a complete remake of the scenery. It will be released sometime in 2018.

DaveH

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 04:41:19 pm »
So, edit Ray Smith's excellent KORD scenery with ADE, delete RW14, taxiways and approaches, and you have a perfectly good O'Hare scenery.

Dave Hinson

DaveH

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 04:42:37 pm »
It has the 3 RW10s.

Drumcode

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 02:02:43 pm »
we are working on a complete remake of the scenery. It will be released sometime in 2018.

How is the progress on this btw? Anything to show yet? :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 01:20:25 pm »
How is the progress on this btw? Anything to show yet ?

Nothing has changed since my last post. The scenery should hopefully be released in 2018. Keep in mind all our latest sceneries took about 2 years to make and it has been just a few of months since we announced a remake so, I'd consider a 2018 release to be a good achievement.

FrancescoG

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 01:20:00 pm »
Departing now kord , only 1 rwy 28 instead of 3 (28R 28C 28L ) , RWY 14 DOESN T EXIST , AND ONE RWY BEHIND TERMINAL 5 DOESN T EXIST IN FAA CHARTS. ALL TAXIWAYS ARE DIFFERENT NAME.. 2018 update , when.? The terminal scenary is very good, but the other part needs.!  Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 05:06:11 pm »
We know perfectly well what is missing from KORD scenery, no need to remind us, thanks. That's why were are making it a new one...

Of course, the scenery matches the FAA charts we supplied in the manual so, it's not that you can't fly out of it, if the chart mismatch was the issue.

PhoenixAF24

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 12:05:09 am »
Departing now kord , only 1 rwy 28 instead of 3 (28R 28C 28L ) , RWY 14 DOESN T EXIST , AND ONE RWY BEHIND TERMINAL 5 DOESN T EXIST IN FAA CHARTS. ALL TAXIWAYS ARE DIFFERENT NAME.. 2018 update , when.? The terminal scenary is very good, but the other part needs.!  Thanks

To all those that complain about FSDreamTeam - I suggest that you put your fingers to the keyboard and start coding.  Umberto has been making excellent sceneries for many years and I, for one, don't mind waiting.  I understand that it takes time to remake a scenery from the ground up.  Think about it this way... KORD (RW) has been undergoing renovation and updates for at least 5 yrs...  Way before P3D even existed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 09:33:46 am »
Umberto has been making excellent sceneries for many years

Well, thank you but, I must say I haven't made a scenery in 15 years (last one was Lago's Holiday Resorts, published in 2003). However, we have several talented designers, and they are all working right now at various projects, with KORD V2 now being given full priority.

We should have some screenshots in the next weeks, and I can assure everybody will be blown away.

We'll be several steps ahead in term of graphic quality compared to everything we ever made before, and this is the result of the scenery being designed, from the ground up, to be P3D4 only, so we'll get rid of all the hoops that had a cost in term of usability and quality, in order to keep compatibility with FSX.

Jeff Turner

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 08:12:00 pm »
Maybe stop selling it so you don't have this issue with users coming to the forum complaining about losing their money (like I did) on a product that doesn't work expecting us to try before you buy rather than requiring us...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 12:13:10 am »
Maybe stop selling it so you don't have this issue with users coming to the forum complaining about losing their money (like I did) on a product that doesn't work expecting us to try before you buy rather than requiring us...

I don't know what you are trying to say with the "a product that doesn't work" line. You are making it sound as if we had a scenery that crashed your system or something like that.

O'Hare obviously WORKS, and it's coherent with the set of charts that are supplied with it, which were current when the scenery was made so, it's perfectly usable as it is, and it's surely more updated than the DEFAULT scenery from O'Hare.

There are users that might be entirely happy with an airport that is both visually better and more updated than the default one.

If you are not one of them, and you expect that every scenery you buy would be always current to the moment of purchase (which would be impossible, without start selling products as a subscription), then yes, you MUST use the Trial version, which is there for your own benefit.

F737NG

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 02:12:18 pm »
We should have some screenshots in the next weeks, and I can assure everybody will be blown away.

We'll be several steps ahead in term of graphic quality compared to everything we ever made before, and this is the result of the scenery being designed, from the ground up, to be P3D4 only, so we'll get rid of all the hoops that had a cost in term of usability and quality, in order to keep compatibility with FSX.

Really like the sound of the 'highest graphical quality FSDT will have ever produced' for Chicago. Optimisation will be very important to avoid stutters for such a very busy and large airfield.

Bring on the screenshots!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 11:45:05 pm »
Really like the sound of the 'highest graphical quality FSDT will have ever produced' for Chicago.

Yes, I'd say at least two generation beyond what we have now. And it's the result of not being constrained by FSX backward compatibility. It will be really a true P3D V4 scenery, not something designed for something else and ported over, which was the bane of everything we ever did so far.

A clean slate, for the first time ever.

grizzlyair

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 11:45:26 pm »
Ay  I just bought this not knowing there was an update coming this year.  Will recent purchases be given a free update, or should I request a refund and wait for the updated version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk