Author Topic: GSX Couatl Scripting Engine Failure  (Read 3641 times)

ReeceS

GSX Couatl Scripting Engine Failure
« on: October 11, 2017, 05:26:59 pm »
Hi, everyone. I keep experiencing an error in FSX with GSX installed. It says something along the lines of "The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted." Then it asks me to download the latest stand-alone addon manager and whether I would like to see log details. I click no and it asks me if I want to restart Couatl. I've tried saying yes and no and I keep getting errors. I've uninstalled everything and re-installed it and I've deactivated and re-activated everything and nothing works. I have also followed all other advice on these forums and across the internet and nothing has come up positive.

I could REALLY appreciate some help otherwise I've wasted about £30-£40 on a useless piece of software.

Thanks in advance, Reece.

Update: I forgot to mention that before buying GSX, the trial mode had no issues with Couatl. I'm unsure whether buying GSX has changed anything or Couatl is just now working.

Error file:

couatl v3.2 (build 3829)
panic log started on Wed Oct 11 16:42:47 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'EGLL', 'User Pos': (51.46129444452889, -0.4381111111380619, 28.2901 m, 2.99211 m, 179.99999999999994)}
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:01:19 pm by ReeceS »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Couatl Scripting Engine Failure
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 05:34:05 pm »
whether I would like to see log details. I click no and it asks me if I want to restart Couatl

You should have replied YES, of course, which will open Notepad with the error log details, which are required for us to see what's happening.

If you haven't done that, or the log doesn't show up (maybe your notepad is not installed correctly, or configured another editor to see text files and for some reason it doesn't start ), you can check the most recent error log at this location:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.ERR

I could REALLY appreciate some help otherwise I've wasted about £30-£40 on a useless piece of software.

You could have spared this comment.

It's not possible spend any money by mistake on a software that "doesn't work", which is offered in TRIAL VERSION. The whole point of having a Trial version to begin with, is that you are supposed to install, test it and then purchasing it. This, just to clarify any possible mistaken assumption that we tried to sell you something that doesn't work or it's "useless". If the software really didn't work, we wouldn't probably had a Trial version to begin with...

GSX obviously works. Why is not currently working on YOUR system, we'll surely find out.

Which is why, the program has a feature to let you see the error details, so you can contact support with those info, and we can find what's wrong on your system, which is preventing GSX to work.

Awaiting your error log report.