Author Topic: GSX side by side with P3D v3.2 and P3D v4.0  (Read 4695 times)

NEMMO

GSX side by side with P3D v3.2 and P3D v4.0
« on: October 09, 2017, 02:24:49 pm »
Hello.  Can You tell ME, please? Still, I have using P3D v3.2(not v3.4) with valid GSX what can I do to Install GSX to My new P3D v4.0
Is This a new licence needed for P3Dv4 or my current licence is valid?
And is it possible to install GSX to P3Dv4 and use it side by side with my old one had been installed in P3Dv3.2!(not v3.4)?
Or I need to update P3D v3.2 first? ( As for Me v3.2 works for Me better than v3.4)
Thank You very Much
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:29:06 pm by NEMMO »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX side by side with P3D v3.2 and P3D v4.0
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 11:03:23 pm »
First, there are no licensing issues whatsoever. We always offered a single license for all the supported platforms so, your existing Serial Number will still work in P3D V4, regardless if you want to install it together with other sim, or in an entirely different PC.

Yes, it's possible to install into P3D 3.2 and 4.0 at the same time. The installation will migrate to a single shared folder which you CAN choose (by default C:\Program Files\Addon Manager will contain everything FSDT), so you'll have a single installation of all our products in a single folder, shared by all the different sim, which result in significant space saving compared to the previous installation method.

However, P3D 3.2 has several bugs in the handling of the new add-on.xml package method, so we use it only in P3D 3.4 and 4.0. It's not really an issue, just that sceneries will still use the scenery.cfg file, and modules like GSX will still use the dll/exe.xml files, so you'll lose the ability to reinstall the sim without reinstalling the addons, unless you first upgrade to P3D 3.4.

In P3D V4, we'll use the new add-on.xml method in any case.

NEMMO

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 10:09:14 am »
Thanks for the support.
So. If I've understood You correctly the easiest way to do is to Update P3D Client to version 3.4 first and then reinstall GSX to both simulators?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:22:58 am by NEMMO »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:42:42 am »
If I've understood You correctly the easiest way to do is to Update P3D Client to version 3.4 first and then reinstall GSX to both simulators?

That would be my suggestion.

However, our installer will work with 3.2 as well, just not using the add-on.xml method in P3D V3 (it will use in P3D 4) so you are not really required to upgrade to 3.4, but I'd do it anyway, not just to use the more streamlined installation system, but also because there are still bugs in 3.2 that affects all Simconnect clients, that has been only fixed in the very latest version of 3.4.

NEMMO

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 10:52:52 am »
Hi. Umberto. Thank You very much for the support. Yesterday I'd updated  Client to v3.4.22 successfully. And old GSX work in 3.4 as well
What I must do now. Shall I need uninstall old GSX for P3Dv3 or I shall simply download a new installer and run it?
Will it install the new version of GSX to both simulators? P3D v4 and P3D v3.4(overwrite the old addon manager)
Thank You once again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 04:12:54 pm »
What I must do now. Shall I need uninstall old GSX for P3Dv3 or I shall simply download a new installer and run it?

It depends what do you mean with "old". If it's a version older than 2.0, so it didn't use the add-on.xml method, it's probably best if you uninstall everything from FSDT, and download all the new installers.

If it's a 2.x version, it should be enough to re-run the installer you already have and be sure P3D V4 is selected, it should install into P3D V3.4 (switching to the add-on.xml method) and P3D V4 at the same time and, the Live Update that will run at the end, will get you all the latest files anyway.

NEMMO

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 01:54:11 pm »
Yes. I have 1.9 has been installed. Not 2.x
So. if I 'd understood correctly I need to Uninstall via system uninstaller current product, then Install the new one by new Full Installer
And it brings it up to both P3Dv3.4 and P3Dv4 (via Addon method)?
Thanks. GSX is perfect!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 12:29:38 pm »
I need to Uninstall via system uninstaller current product, then Install the new one by new Full Installer

It might not even required to uninstall, although it's probably best if you do it. But yes, just run the latest Full installer, and it will allow you to install in all the supported simulators at once.

NEMMO

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 12:46:57 pm »
Thank You very much for your great support and especially for great GSX product, and also for very intelligent license policy
All works as expected
In attachment just a picture of My Sim for You
Best regard, Dmitry