Author Topic: My planes both default and add-ons do not line up at the airport properly  (Read 1647 times)

DanGreenough

I have FSX Gold/Accelerator - Quad Core, NVIDIA 750, 1 TB HD, 16GB RAM, Windows 7 - 64 bit.

When I start FSX, all the planes are running and too close to the buildings/terminals or other stuff. The jetways are a little off too.

I can board OK, all the loading, and vehicles seem to work OK, and I get pushed back OK.

My problems is that when I am taxiing in, the marsahaller waves me too close to the terminal or himself and I end up crashing into the pushback vehicles (when they are in them), I run into the marshaller, or the terminal. The counter starts to count towards 0 as I taxi in but before it hits 0 - the nose of the airplane is about to touch the marshaller or the terminal. I am way too close. If I stop short of the marshaller in the correct position of the T.... the counter is not at 0 and the marshaller keeps waving me forward. If I don't keep going, the program does not end.... and render a result.

I seem to get a pushback ok, the announcements work OK, but it is the arrivals that are messed up. 

I have REX Worldwide, REX Soft Clouds, REX 4, Traffic 360, QW757, Alabeo Chieftan, and Virtualcol CRJ add-ons.

I tried to go into the settings to see if I could click on default or something but I can't find the right place.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The painted T doesn't have any relationship with the calculated marshaller position, and in real life you would have different Ts depending on the plane, but the sim doesn't support this, and with 3rd party sceneries, they can use all kind of custom textures and distance standards.

In the current GSX version, the position is calculated by using both the front wheel and adding the difference between the front wheel and the passenger door, in order to have the passenger door all ending up in the same position across different planes, which is what you need to do to use a jetway. You can also customize the stop position with the GSX parking editor.

However, I see you use a 757 and, with a 757 configured as having the 2nd passenger door as a preferred exit, you'll be guided too far forward, since GSX will try to have *that* door on the stop position.

The next update, which we'll release in the next days together with KSDF, will allow more flexibility to control this, so you can have a preferred exit for the jetway, and even override the setting for each parking in the editor.