Author Topic: Hawaiian Airports PHOG P3D V5 Issue  (Read 10856 times)

BrianThePilot

Hawaiian Airports PHOG P3D V5 Issue
« on: April 28, 2020, 02:34:03 am »
Hello,

I have been a long supporter the Hawaiian Airports and installed it for P3D V5. When I go to Kahului (PHOG) and saw that the textures are very bright and washed out in some spots. Is this in anyone else’s sim? And is it possible this can be fixed before the Kahului FNO on May 8th?

Thanks!

Brian

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZrCyhYW

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Hawaiian Airports PHOG P3D V5 Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 08:36:31 pm »
 Looks like you have some overlapping scenery issue from some other addon. What other scenery do you have in there?

BrianThePilot

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 06:04:51 am »
I have ORBX Global and North America. I searched for any overlapping scenery files. None

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 11:19:06 am »
Please wait for us to check this, since we still haven't modified any files of the Hawaii airports yet, just updated their installers, so there might be issues in V5 due to different default scenery.

BrianThePilot

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 12:32:09 am »
Is there any news on this? Hoping to fly to Kahului soon in V5  :D

BrianThePilot

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 09:45:45 am »
@virtuali I deleted the C:\P3Dv5\Scenery\0003\scenery\APX06240.bgl folder which is the default PHOG airport folder checking if it would fix it, and it didn't. Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 03:59:24 pm »
There's nothing you can do to fix this, we'll have to do a proper update for the scenery.

rsmith6621a

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 09:09:23 pm »
How are you doing on this Looong awaited fix?

I would have loved to give you some biz but if this is broke I am not going to waste my time waiting for it to work right while you have my cash in your bank account.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 01:36:20 am by rsmith6621a »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 05:04:41 pm »
How are you doing on this Looong awaited fix?

Are you aware you are posting on a month's old thread ? This has been fixed long ago.

I would have loved to give you some biz but if this is broke I am not going to waste my time waiting for it to work right while you have my cash in your bank account.

There IS a reason why we have a Trial, and it's not to "take your money and run", if you don't like the scenery, just don't buy it, we don't have anything to hide.  It would have been very easy if you just downloaded and installed the Trial, to verify this is no longer an issue and, in addition to that, we added support for SODE jetways.

BrianThePilot

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 07:50:37 am »
Hey Umberto, I can confirm this is still not fixed at least at PHOG. I reinstalled my entire sim and installed Hawaiian airports and it is still not fixed yet. Keep in mind it is only an issue in v5 for me, do you mind checking up on it again possibly?

Thanks man! Happy holidays!

Brian

BrianThePilot

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 08:00:18 am »
Here are some pictures to describe the issue. There are many splotches on the ground, almost as if someone dumped the lav on the runway haha. There are also default taxiway signs on the scenery, almost as if it's conflicting with default scenery or something?

https://imgur.com/ouMnU4O
https://imgur.com/OBMeVoE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 11:01:10 am »
Here are some pictures to describe the issue. There are many splotches on the ground, almost as if someone dumped the lav on the runway haha. There are also default taxiway signs on the scenery, almost as if it's conflicting with default scenery or something?

There are two entirely different issues here:

1) Default scenery items showing up. This is the ONLY thing we fixed and, again, I confirm it IS fixed. I can't see any default taxiway signs, for example, on the spot shown in your screenshot.

In order to get this fix, you MUST allow the FSDT Live Update to overwrite the AFCAD when asked. If you don't do that, maybe because you modified it yourself, you won't get the fixed exclusions, which works for both P3D4 and P3D5.

2) Some visual artifacts like those on ground in your screenshot. Those are not conflicts, but rather the result of rendering methods inherited from FS9/FSX that are not supported very well in P3D V5.

We never claimed to have fixed those, they are a byproduct of using a scenery which was originally made for FS9 and FSX, and came out in 2010, that is 10 years ago, which we allowed to install in P3D1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 without ever asking for an update fee.

Since the scenery is sold in Trial so, if new users are bothered by this, they can always choose not to buy it, but I don't see why we should prevent the installer to work in P3D V5, for those that don't mind those minor visual glitches.

p3dx3

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 02:51:31 am »
I ran Updater twice no new afcad file to fix default scenery and taxi signs bleeding through at all Hawaiian airports.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:49:21 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2020, 09:55:15 am »
I ran Updater twice no new afcad file to fix default scenery and taxi signs bleeding through at all Hawaiian airports.

I can confirm the problem is fixed with the Live Update. I'll try to refresh files again, to force an update to your local Cloudflare node that might not have got the latest files we released in June.

Try again and be absolutely sure you are being asked to update the AFCAD and you reply YES to it.